Author Topic: Australian Speedway Titles Brisbane  (Read 1931 times)

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
Australian Speedway Titles Brisbane
« on: January 04, 2012, 09:27:38 pm »
This weekend are the Australian titles at Nudgee, l imagine they will start about 2-3pm and l recone it will be a cracka, after watching Crumpy and Davey Watt 2 week's ago it should be a good night....... I no where l'll be..
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline Doc

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • FB
Re: Australian Speedway Titles Brisbane
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 11:21:03 pm »
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 11:23:03 pm by Doc »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 11:33:20 pm »
You lucky bugger.............Wish we could smell through the screen  :P
Looks like a godd crowd across the track..
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 11:36:20 pm »
I might go and have a peak toomorow night, are you going back Doc?
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline ian

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 07:29:41 am »
me and my mate are  going cant wait last one i went to was at the ekka craig boyce won crumpy got 2nd

Offline Doc

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 07:45:48 am »
The vid does it no justice at all unfortunately :(

Alison, the crowd will be much better tonight as it was only qualifying last night ;)

John, not sure if I'll be there tonight..I've another big day ahead and it depends how I pull up :-\ feeling knackered already ::)

Ian, I'm guessing that would have been around 15 years ago..time flies as I think I was at the Ekka that night also..Ryan Sullivan picked up third overall from memory ;)

Offline ian

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 10:42:15 am »
yes i think you were right it was ryan or lee got 3rd .chris holder won the final dave watt 2nd tengate 3rd dave one every heat bar one. one race he come from last and passed three riders on the inside befour turn three it was good to watch  ;D

Offline popeye

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 09:33:13 pm »
What a night, l've never seen alot of speedway but that was bloody good to watch........... 8)

Offline gra1961

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 07:37:52 am »
gooday popeye.i heard that you were spotted sleeping with strange men.cheers gregg

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 12:53:11 pm »
Chris Holder has wasted no time stamping his authority on the domestic Speedway season, winning the Round One of the 2012 Australian Solo Speedway Championship at North Brisbane on Saturday night.
The three-time winner and defending Champion was at brilliant best through the heats, top-scoring with 14 points before holding off the advances of Davey Watt and qualifiers, Rohan Tungate and Sam Masters to win the A Final and take a stranglehold on the 2012 series.

The winner of two Speedway GP rounds Holder was trumped by Watt in his second heat, giving the Queensland-native the edge, but a Heat Nine slip-up handed the first choice of gates for the A Final.

The night was not without controversy as Aussie Speedway World Cup Troy Batchelor finished his home event with two pints after a massive crash with Kozza Smith, which resulted in Smith being taken to hospital with a broken femur.

In his second heat of the night, Batchelor attempted a passing move on Smith but ended up clattering into his compatriot causing him serious injury and significant mechanical damage to his own machine.

Fresh from winning the Jack Young Cup late last year, Davey Watt continued to keep pace with Holder all evening and went on to finish second in the points tally with 13.

Joining Watt and Holder in the A Final was in-form qualifier Rohan Tungate, who carried his form over from the qualifying meet into the opening round, accumulating 12 points in the heats.

Tungate was a class above on Friday night, amassing 13 points from his five heats to win the meet and carrying momentum into the Championship proper.

The B Final was a hotly contested affair with Sam Masters showing the Queensland crowd why he was crowned British Premier League Rider Champion, taking honours ahead of Justin Sedgmen, Cameron Woodward and Taylor Poole.

2012 Australian Solo Speedway Championship
Round One Results
1 Chris Holder 20, 2 Davey Watt 18, 3 Rohan Tungate 17, 4 Sam Masters 16, 5 Justin Sedgmen 15, 6 Cameron Woodward 14, 7 Taylor Poole 13, 8 Cory Gathercole 12, 9 Daine Stevens 11, 10 Todd Kurtz 10, 11 Kozza Smith 9, 12 Robert Ksiezak 7, 13 James Holder 6, 14 Michael Dyer 4, 15 Jake Anderson 3, 16 Troy Batchelor 2.

B Final: Masters, Sedgmen, Woodward, Poole.

A Final: Holder, Watt, Tungate, Masters.

Round One Heat Scores
Chris Holder 14, Davey Watt 13, Rohan Tungate 12, Cameron Woodward 12, Justin Sedgmen 9, Taylor Poole 9, Sam Masters 9, Cory Gathercole 8, Daine Stevens 8, Todd Kurtz 8, Kozza Smith 4, Robert Ksiezak 3, James Holder 3, Jake Anderson 2, Troy Batchelor 2.

Best is in the West !!

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 06:32:00 pm »
Pretty average effort by Troy Batchelor and his clattering into Kozza smith down the straight. Lots of talk in the pits re lack of brain cells, would have to agree, particularly as he had an mx accident only a few weks earlier and was supposed to have a severe back injury.
Rosco86

Offline popeye

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 07:55:38 am »
How are you going Greg, dont remember much could be true, LOL  Na was agood night thou, apperently NBJMC have got the Long track titles later in the year as well, l think will be one not to miss..