Author Topic: trick BSA  (Read 9841 times)

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: trick BSA
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 07:58:07 pm »
You missed out his 3 valve desmo 125 single Honda roadracer Morley, that bike was a work of art

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 08:40:10 pm »
must've been asleep that day Tony. Got me "thinking now", what did he do with that?

Offline Michael Moore

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Euro Spares
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 02:28:33 am »
Mark, here's a drawing from "The Motorcyclists Encyclopedia", a Bruce Main-Smith publication from about 1972.

If you look at these photos of the original MC1 at the Sammy Miller museum I think you'll find that the fork is fabricated from steel stamping/pressings and tube and not a cast aluminum part.

http://www.eurospares.com/graphics/BSAunitsingle/BSAMC1-1.jpg

http://www.eurospares.com/graphics/BSAunitsingle/BSAMC1-2.jpg

cheers,
Michael

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013, 08:11:28 am »
I remember reading an article years ago about the MC1, got killed off before being raced because BSA didn't want to get back into racing as a factory unless they were assured of winning first time out which of course no rider was going to do. Very short sighted on their part & it had great potential

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 10:01:43 pm »
Yep, Pukekohe a couple of years ago at one of their classic festivals. An old wizard called Don Lowe is the BSA builder/rider and that's his NSU Sportmax as well : also looks eerily like a Scott in the neighbouring pit.
little story kiddies
i was doing a runner at pukekohe P3 250's,2nd lap this is boring,nice little group of riders back a bit,hmmm back it off down the back straight (it's fugging 1k long!!),group catches up,except for one guy,bloody Don on his NSU max,fuggs off into the distance,shit i couldn't catch him,effns up 2nd,so i looks  him up in the pits,berates hinm a tad for hey "i waited  for you",he tells me his all metal clutch takes at least 2 laps to settle down before gives it full stick,um, ok says i,thinking fugg you next race mate,i'm gone,next race flag drops outa corner my eyes here Don sideways on the  grass overtaking  me & everybody else, so much for saving the clutch,i've still done another runner,way out in front agin,last lap bang mtr drops ex seat,ex valve chopped it in 1/2 spat it down the pipe,bugger,he could ride,
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!