Author Topic: Mounting a Falta tank on a 73  (Read 1339 times)

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
Mounting a Falta tank on a 73
« on: November 30, 2011, 07:00:15 pm »
I've been loaned a Falta tank to run this weekend because the por15 will only be fully dry on saturday night & I'm heading up to Taupo on friday. When I've fitted it up the belt gets nowhere near the holes for the steel tank
How do you get around this issue while still using the belt?

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Mounting a Falta tank on a 73
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 07:21:24 pm »
tony
i use a large rubber strap with 2 holes on ends were a bolt can go through.i run the rubber around the frame behind the tank and a large bolt through the hole on the rubber then through the frame and through the rubber hole again.i have foam under the tank anf the ruber strap on top of the tank like yz25a yamaha but different.hope this helps.
ps
dont solid mount the tank as the vibs from the cz will crack it

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 05:20:12 am »
I'm fitting fairly high density foam on the frame to keep the tank away from it.
Have come up with 2 possible ways of hooking up the front of the strap to the frame, #1 is a couple of pieces of strap with the frame sized hole one end & a stud to match the belt at the other, option 2 would be to loop a pair of decent size o-rings through the belt end down to the bolt

Taka 100

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 12:35:10 pm »
foam on the frame and  ;Dduct tape wrapps , never let go and act as protective pads on the side , then just cut and peel when finished and wipe over with solvent to remove glue , perfection will look like you,ve never used it

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 07:23:09 pm »
Used high density foam on the frame & wedged between the rear of the tank & the rear downtubes.
Tank survived unscathed unlike my knees after 1 of those I've just crashed but somehow stayed upright moments