Author Topic: looking for more info/pics on the BSA 'widowmaker' from Broken Hill area  (Read 6847 times)

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
Re: looking for more info/pics on the BSA 'widowmaker' from Broken Hill area
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 07:23:18 am »
That's great Skivi,
I had a look at the newsletter and that old bike has certainly been round and round the Skids for a long time , great to see machines like that preserved and ridden from time to time.
Thanks for the update.
Foss

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 07:53:33 am »
I have just sent an email to a good mate who still lives in the Hill, and has been involved with speedway there for many years. He probably knows the owner (I have some thoughts on who it might be) and hopefully will be able to supply some details.

CJ
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2011, 12:15:10 pm »
i found recently the bike was on the cover of the Historic Motor Cycle Racing Register of SA's newsletter 'The Good Oil' from June of last year. follow this link for a PDF download or this link for a quick view of the newsletter. i've emailed the editor for further information or pictures.

-Nick

I speak to herbie henderson all the time ( we both Race the 2 vavles) if he is at renmark on the 2nd Dec ill remind myself to ask if he responded.  Just so you know herbie is late 70's so he dont do the email thing, best you just pick up the phone and ring him.

If it was me i would be ringin the mildura Race secratary from that meeting as the owner would have had to sign in and would also be in the program.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 12:43:17 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2011, 07:27:52 am »
Not much joy from my mate in BH on the owner of the BSA, but he informed me that the Triumph in the background belongs to Billy Keenan, who is the guy that I thought might have owned the BSA.

CJ
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 04:00:14 pm »
I spoke to trevor henderson at the speedway in Renmark on the weekend he said he though that the bike came from MIldura and was owed by a local.  he bought it out after 25 years and although it ran it was parked pending a few issue being sorted, he was keen to get it back on the track now.  Also he said Justin Sedgeman would be your best bet as he was the guy organising it and new the guy witht he bike.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff