Author Topic: Korweinguboora  (Read 2064 times)

albrid-3

Korweinguboora
« on: November 26, 2011, 09:51:47 pm »
Has anybody got any photos of the 1960`s to 70`s Race Track Korweinguboora, Victoria the most famous Mud Scramble Track in Victoria.
Photos of bikes of that era.

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Korweinguboora
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 10:28:40 pm »
Has anybody got any photos of the 1960`s to 70`s Race Track Korweinguboora, Victoria the most famous Mud Scramble Track in Victoria.
Photos of bikes of that era.

Hey, I have got a video of the old days somewhere at home, if thats any use?
Some years ago we ran a re creation of the old Korweinguboora mud scramble and it was a great success. Huge entries, huge crowd, lots of mud and water, not great for the old bikes but gave everyone a bit of an insite into what the old guys went through on their old bikes back in the day.

Stan.

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 09:05:36 am »
The legend of Korweinguboora has been spoken of around our place over the years, I have very vague memories of going there when I was little kid, ;D

It would be great to see some old photo's or articles,

geoff22

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 01:48:21 pm »
My dad always spoke of the mud battle and getting an old Bsa around . Stories of hessian bags around the engine and snorkel on the intake to help keep water out and some pub/ building that would end up with ankle deep mud through it. I have only one photo of him returning into the pits after the race.RIP dad - must tap into mum for more stories!

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 04:43:37 pm »
I don't need any pics to remind me of the place. There was an attempt to revive the event in the mid 90's -  I think it only happened the once. No-one wanted another shot at it after that. The front guard on my 125 Canam only surfaced a couple of times a lap - it was that bad in practice and the beginning of the day let alone later! I don't recall doing too many laps in anger before I decided it wasn't worth destroying the bike and drowning myself as well. :P
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

albrid-3

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 06:40:32 pm »
Canam370, I saw you that day riding like you had grass up your arse, HA HA ;D, After that day my brother was still trying to get a spark out of the old Dot 12 months later. That was a very wet day of racing.

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 09:02:59 pm »
Canam370, I saw you that day riding like you had grass up your arse, HA HA ;D, After that day my brother was still trying to get a spark out of the old Dot 12 months later. That was a very wet day of racing.

I had the most fun of anyone that day as track marshall on a 500 polaris 4x4 quad. I towed some sidecars more laps than they did under their own steam :D

Stan.

albrid-3

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 09:46:32 pm »
It would be good to get back the old track, I know one fellow had a good day, and that man was Brian Fisher.

Offline BultacoMacca

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 11:09:05 pm »
There is a photo in the current issue of 'Old Bike Australasia' of Keith Stacker running the mud at Korweinguboora.
Plus posted previous:
"I have just been reading Peter Drakeford’s story about Keith Stacker, in the latest Nov/Dec issue of Old Bike Australasia.
It’s an enlightening read about someone who was certainly passionate about his motorcycling, especially Scrambles and then Motocross. Starting off with a 1938 BSA and going right through to the 2 stroke period, he modified and re-engineered many of his bikes on his way to winning many championship races.
As well as his favoured early BSA’s he rode many brands such as Greeves, Jawa, CZ, Husqvarna, Ossa, Yamaha, and the bike we were more later accustomed to associate with his name - Maico.
It’s worth reading, with good photos too."