Author Topic: Ducati 1199 Panigale  (Read 2020 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
Ducati 1199 Panigale
« on: November 17, 2011, 02:58:51 pm »
So just checking out the just released 1199..... for those Ducatista amoungst us, the 1199 is the Superquatro, with 112mm pistons and 60 odd mm of stroke so crazy over square twn that should rev through the roof.

this is also the end of cam belts, this baby has camchains driving the cams where belts used to be. 195 hp at the crank so the best power to weight ratio of any road bike going. With the Japanese not developing anything due to cash flow issues, Ducati only have to take on BMW and Aprillia .... but unfortunately they killed off their Superbike team earlier.

formerly Marc.com

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Ducati 1199 Panigale
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 03:18:28 pm »
Eek ! What's the deal with the tank ? Doubt Tamburini would have let that out of the assembly shop ! :o
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 03:29:38 pm »
Killing off their race team didn't end up hurting them too badly, guess the money to pay Rossi had to come from somewhere  ::)
Will be interesting to see how this bike goes when raced seeing as it has the problematic carbon fibre frame that they appear to have ditched for next years motogp bike

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 03:33:06 pm »
The frame shouldnt be a problem for us mere mortals and it's aluminum not carbon , the sexiest road bike for 2012.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 03:36:13 pm »
Are you sure it's aluminium they're using for the frame, everything I've read has said that it would be carbon & they were crowing about that being a first for a roadbike

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 03:46:31 pm »
Are you sure it's aluminium they're using for the frame, everything I've read has said that it would be carbon & they were crowing about that being a first for a roadbike

Definitely aluminium.

And our Troy Bayliss reckons its the best Superbike he has ever ridden and has none of the problems of the MotoGP bike. He broke the lap record [and beat the current WSB time] at Misano on a stocker. Gotta trust Troy, a straight shooter if there ever was one.

Also I just saw a pic of the Ducati MotoGP bike with a full aluminium chassis. Now if Rossi can just get the Italians to put 3 tuning forks on the tank he might just get back up front next year...

http://cyclenews.coverleaf.com/cyclenews/20111115#pg23
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

mx250

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 04:04:44 pm »
Now if Rossi can just get the Italians to put 3 tuning forks on the tank he might just get back up front next year...

Narh, he'll just whinge until he gets a across the frame four ::) ;D.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 04:28:38 pm »

When the concept images appeared I think there was some speculation about carbon fibre but that may have been the media picking up what MotoGP was trying to put down.

Besides a little carbon fibre through the Parmesan grater doesn't put you at the cutting edge at the moment. This is the Italian chassis that is really screaming out for the chain drive engine.

formerly Marc.com