Author Topic: TS 185 nutter  (Read 1306 times)

eyspy

TS 185 nutter
« on: March 08, 2012, 09:24:47 pm »
Hi everyone !

wrong side of 50 and still riding bikes, go figure !

Too many bikes been under my butt to list them all now, but due to lot's of injuries (not all bike related) I have gone back to my roots and happily sitting on a 1990 Suzuki TS185. Great little bike that's as bullet proof as Ned Kellys armour.

Love enduro riding and the last few years has seen in my stable the following beasts: Honda CRF450X, Husky TE450, KTM 530 EXC-F, then the might one .......drum roll.....  Husaberg FE570  (pure joy to ride).
Plate in the knee and aches and pains, OH well, still riding with the boys up here on the York Peninsula and loving it.  Not much MX these days as getting harder (not the riding, the ground when we meet). Have an active little club here which I get involved in heavily. We also have a speedway track almost complete (have to talk the missus into believing it's safer than enduro. Like to get an old PE250 and race with the older farts, still may when I find the right one that I can afford. Got another 185 in the shed identical to the one I ride daily that is up for sale as well.  Hope to find my place in here somwhere, might not be around too much as 4 kids aged between 2 years and 8 years (yep ! started breeding late) keeps this old timer busy and tired.

Cheers Gary

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: TS 185 nutter
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 06:23:46 am »
Welcome to OxVMX Gary.Good to hear you're still doing it in the dirt. Now the old TS185 isn't a bad little jigger, and from what I recall those things are a brilliant wheelie bikes! Hope you enjoy hanging out here with the rest of the VMX tragics  :)

eyspy

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 10:53:15 am »
stand on back pegs, throttle on and up they go piece of cake !

Offline BJJ

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Remote PC
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 09:46:32 pm »
Welcome to OxVMX Gary.Good to hear you're still doing it in the dirt. Now the old TS185 isn't a bad little jigger, and from what I recall those things are a brilliant wheelie bikes! Hope you enjoy hanging out here with the rest of the VMX tragics  :)
When I was younger...  and after a bit of practice,  I remember clocking up 7 lamposts on the back wheel on a TS185 (Circa'81).  One day I got some some shingle rash off the tarmack @ like 60kms, so that slowed me down a bit.  After that, you get to respect the rear brake pedal more when wheeliing.