Author Topic: Queensland Champ !!  (Read 606 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Queensland Champ !!
« on: November 09, 2011, 01:29:42 PM »
Mick Cook finishes equal 3rd at World Vets in USA   www.fullnoise.com
Kawasaki rider Mick Cook from North Arm on Queensland's Sunshine Coast has ridden his Kawasaki KX450F to equal 3rd place (5th overall on count-back) in the Over 40 Pro class at the World Vet Motocross Championship at Glen Helen Raceway in California, USA.

Started in 1986, the World Vet MX Championship attracts more than 600 competitors from over 20 countries.

With much needed support from Kawasaki USA, Monster Energy Kawasaki in Australia and with a year of training for the event under his belt, Cook headed to the prestigious World Vet event in the US confident of success.

Cook got off to a good start in the first of two motos and quickly found himself in 5th place. From there he worked his way right up to the race leader, Doug Dubach, however a small mistake cost him the chance to battle for the win by race end. Cook still finished the first moto in a respectable 3rd place.

A bad start in the second moto saw the formwer Australian Motocross Champion back in 20th after the first turn. From their he got to work and rode through the pack to take 5th place. Cook's 3-5 results gave him equal 3rd overall in the point standings.

From California, USA, Cook said, "It was a great opportunity to race at Glen Helen, although it rained hard all Friday before the race making the track pretty tough, you couldn't even walk through it in some parts. I'm definitely disappointed with my result. It's my own fault for not doing better; I don't think I let the race come to me. My speed was good, my fitness was good, I just made some dumb mistakes."

When asked if he'll be returning to the event next year, Cook added, "Definitely! I've had so much support both here and back home. Troy Carroll (Monster Energy Kawasaki Team Manager) and Kawasaki Australia coordinated the ride for me over here. Troy told me, 'We've organized you a bikeā€¦.you gotta win but". The support from Reid Nordin and everybody at Kawasaki USA has been just great. They've been so supportive and have already offered support for next year's event. I'd also like to thank my mechanic Daniel and my wife and daughter for making the trip over with me as well."

Mick Cook looks forward to some time off when he gets home before he starts training for next year's World Vet MX Championship.
Best is in the West !!

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Queensland Champ !!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 08:20:42 PM »
SIC MICK COOK
A RIDER FEARED
BY MANY