Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 790 times)

Strider

Greetings
« on: October 29, 2011, 09:20:14 am »
Greetings from Orange NSW.
 Back in about 1982 we would sometimes ride at a place called Pacific Park. I think thats what it was called, , somewhere near Weismans ferry (long time ago). I was riding a PE175, first single shock model. I thought 'it' was the ants pants.
Then my mate rolled up with his brand new Husqvarna CR250 (82).  It was the first Husky id ever seen in the flesh. I was stunned by its weird euro appearance. Old school, but obviously extremly functional. Eventually he let me ride it. Compared to my well used (flogged with little maintainence) PE, the thing was a revelation on how good a dirt bike could be. I hounded him for years to buy it, he eventually did sell it to me in about 1989.
 Ive had KTM's YZ's Newer Huskys, but this is the special bike Ill aways keep. Anyway, its having a makeover. And I want to start racing it. Tomorrow is its debut, at Portland with Oyster bay. I did the grasstrack there last year and thought then what a blast this would be on the ol girl.
Good to meet you all, Glenn Hoyle.

Offline David Lahey

• Legend
  • Gladstone, Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 10:12:28 am »
Hi Glenn and welcome
Pacific Park is still a going concern and now is a Mototrials and waterski venue
David
previous pseudonym feetupfun