Author Topic: NSW v QLD , Brisbane round.  (Read 930 times)

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
NSW v QLD , Brisbane round.
« on: October 24, 2011, 08:06:44 pm »
Went out to the North Brisbane speedway last weekend and caught the last round of the Peter White NSW v Qld teams race. Some excellent riding and a couple of big getoffs. Unfortunately there was only a small number of spectators. Lack of fence in turn one,(track is one of those with dirt track and long track encompassing) resulted in a few going too hard into the corner and dropping over the lip. My pet bug bear is that it feels like a club day as riders rode out the pit gate down the back straight and practiced 2-3 starts before getting to the line. seemed to take an age, the dirt track events oll much quicker. I feel for speedway to return to a stronger position it must get to be more of a "show". Some greatl talent out and about and it wouuld be good to see it get bigger in Bris vegas. Qld won, but the last few races saw the NSW team with only one on the line for quite a few heats due to injuries and bike probs.
Rosco86

Curly3

Re: NSW v QLD , Brisbane round.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 09:02:18 pm »
Nth Bris, I gather that's the same track that held the Classic DT titles this year?
I know what you're saying Rosco, these day's, in all sports, competitor's seem to need and use up as much time as possible to prepare for an event/race.
Back in the "Good ole days", on Speedway in particular, you went straight to the tapes and got on with it.
Peter White is a great bloke and his dedication to promoting Speedway Solo's is second to no one in OZ.
I was chosen to tour with one of his teams way back around 1980 but missed out because of injury, some of the stories from those early tours are legendary, my brother went on 2-3.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 08:23:25 pm by SlideRulz »