Author Topic: Anyone need a plumber/roof tiler/ flat roofer/fencer ?  (Read 899 times)

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Anyone need a plumber/roof tiler/ flat roofer/fencer ?
« on: October 21, 2011, 05:23:43 am »
my son (21) and his 3 mates are coming to australia on a 6 month work visa in early november, they fly to melbourne but will travel your great country.  If anyone can help them with ANY work please can you txt me 447767205198    . There trades are qualified plumber, roof tiler, flat roofer and a fence erector but i have no doubt they will do anything legal!!  Any help or advise welcome.  thanks, dave king.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone need a plumber/roof tiler/ flat roofer/fencer ?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 07:59:32 am »
There trades are qualified plumber, roof tiler, flat roofer and a fence erector

My nephew if roofer, he was employed within about 10 minutes getting off the plane for 3 times what he was on in NZ..... don't worry about those boys they will make out like bandits and not want to come back.
formerly Marc.com

mx250

Re: Anyone need a plumber/roof tiler/ flat roofer/fencer ?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 08:40:22 am »
There trades are qualified plumber, roof tiler, flat roofer and a fence erector

My nephew if roofer, he was employed within about 10 minutes getting off the plane for 3 times what he was on in NZ..... don't worry about those boys they will make out like bandits and not want to come back.
And if they go riding over here you'll never see them back :o.

I took a pair of visiting Poms trail riding in the Watagans an hour north of Sydney. We did 160kms of mostly single wheel track riding. To say they were blown away would be an understatement. I remember one of them saying, 'where are all the people, where are all the forest workers?'

On another occasion we stopped for 10 minutes at a bush lookout, mainly to re-group, bag out ya mates and take a break. It was a pleasant, pretty, quite and tranquil spot along a short rocky outcrop with a dramatic view down into a rural valley and over the ranges with the Hunter valley in the distance. After the short break everyone was keen to get going again except for one of the Pom who I had almost drag away from the vista. As we walked back to the bikes the Pom says to me in a kind of stunned hushed reverent voice 'How often do you stop here?' 'Ah, probably every second or third time we come past.' says I.

At the end of the day one Pom (the pommy ex-pat who had spent most of his life in HK) was definitely making plans to stay. The other, a high end medical salesman making good money, was sorely tempted but was uncommitted.

You have been warned ;D.

Other than that I can't be a a direct assistance to your cause but as Marc says if they are qualified, fit and keen they'll get work. If they don't have ties and commitments the Mining industry is worth the try. I'm pretty sure the major Mining companies employ in the major cities and not on site.