Author Topic: Vintage Bikes an Addiction?  (Read 5577 times)

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Bikes an Addiction?
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2011, 01:12:26 pm »
 I can't top my late o'l man who boasted 110 motorcycles and 80 odd cars had passed through his hands by the time I was about 8 years old.
  Cars were his main thing going back through his early days Fronte Ford through o.h.cam Morris minors through Lancia Lambdas, Auburns, and everything in between.
 Two of his sons [1 me] and three grandsons followed on with the petrol-head tradition.
 However my shed shows me up as a person with probably the problem of too many possible courses.
 My slider has  the prominent spot, plus the RT1,plus a Honda 250 XL thats waiting to be moved on.
 Then there is the partially restored Pianola, plus I think 5x super8 projectors, 1x standard8, 5 x16mm projectors, 1 x16mm camera, 3xsuper8, camera, 1 VHS camera,
 various anamorphic and other lenses.
 Moving on to car parts, they range from g/box parts for early '50s Wolseleys to god knows what else 'cos I forget.
 Then comes my three tool boxes. My problem could be the worst! Cheers pancho
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2011, 01:24:27 pm »
 Nearly forgot my Cons. grade 4 certificate and violin, plus full set of VMX mags and full set of OBA!

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2011, 12:33:48 pm »
 Actually that was grade 6 not that it matters now 'cos I forget how to make anything but screeeech.

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2011, 02:31:12 pm »
It's a sickness.  I just bought an old Massey Fergasun tractor to slash the paddock. My beautiful and tolerant partner has already warned me not to start filling the yard up with old tractors after catching me in the tractor section of ebay. I just went for a three day adventure ride through the country and found myself tractor spotting.

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2011, 02:40:28 pm »
It's a sickness.  I just bought an old Massey Fergasun tractor to slash the paddock. My beautiful and tolerant partner has already warned me not to start filling the yard up with old tractors after catching me in the tractor section of ebay. I just went for a three day adventure ride through the country and found myself tractor spotting.
Mate of mine has 52 of them. ::)
All sorts .
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.