Author Topic: container  (Read 1708 times)

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
container
« on: September 05, 2011, 11:18:45 am »
putting another container together at the moment,s if you are chasing bigger items ie frames ,motors ,wheels now is the time to buy .make sure items are clean

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: container
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 12:34:35 pm »
a broken down bike is now regarded by customs as a complete bike ,so would need import papers.bike would need to be broken down and items marked different ie kawasaki wheels,yamaha frame and engine,honda forks etc.i know personally of one person who tried to bring a bike in as parts -every thing was in the one box,customs took one look and said noway that is a complete bike ,able to be reasembled,ended up costing way more than what it was worth.i ship out of san francisco.you have at least a mth.give me a ring and will run thru it with you 07 3821 6777 robin

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 01:47:59 pm »
last call, will be loading container in 4 weeks

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 02:46:04 pm »
a broken down bike is now regarded by customs as a complete bike ,so would need import papers
Yeah, they've tightened up a bit. After importing 7 or 8 bikes with the engines removed and boxed and not needing a permit, this time I've had to take out a Vehicle Import Permit with the Department of Infrastructure and Transport for the first time. It's no big deal however, you merely download the form off their website and fax it or snail mail it and $50 off to them and wait anything from a fortnight to 6 weeks for them to approve the application and send it out to you. I'm importing two bikes but the one permit with them both listed was all I needed. Easy Peasy.

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

mainline

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 06:17:54 pm »
I don't really have anything to add, except to congratulate you lot on your avatars ;D

Offline KTMaico

• A-Grade
  • "Love or Lust it's always a Maico"
    • View Profile
    • Maico Lovers & Fans
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 08:05:08 pm »
a broken down bike is now regarded by customs as a complete bike ,so would need import papers
Yeah, they've tightened up a bit. After importing 7 or 8 bikes with the engines removed and boxed and not needing a permit, this time I've had to take out a Vehicle Import Permit with the Department of Infrastructure and Transport for the first time. It's no big deal however, you merely download the form off their website and fax it or snail mail it and $50 off to them and wait anything from a fortnight to 6 weeks for them to approve the application and send it out to you. I'm importing two bikes but the one permit with them both listed was all I needed. Easy Peasy.

This is the way I brought my Maico in from the US and is the same proceedure as I am doing with my RH250 from Germany. There is no real advantage in bringing in a bike un-assembled other than container/crate size. The is no import duty on Motorcycles parts or a complete bike, just GST on bike cost and freight. There is the usual Inspection Fee, Wharf Costs and Cleaning if the bike is contaminated with dirt or vegetation.

I got caught with the Maico, the Bike crate was rusty, dirty and it had grass debris and seeds over it all. AQUIS wanted to pressure clean everything and this can be an expensive exercise if it has to be done several times until it meets the Inspectors approval. I got around this by removing the bike and parts from the crate and paying a additional $50.00 for deep burial of the offending crate.

As Mark stated the process of obtaining approval is no big hassel, just $50.00 application fee and a overnight delivery Australia Post Bag. 2-4 weeks later you should get your approval if all your paper work is correct. DO NOT SHIP without gaining approval first as the Fines are hefty.
1981 Maico 490 (Special Build)
1979 Husqvarna CR250
1975 Suzuki RH250
1975 Suzuki RM125 S
1959 Mk1 Jaguar 3.4 4 speed manual with O/Drive

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 07:46:43 am »
Yeah I got caught with airbox, they charged me $70 to fumigate it and it arrived just as dirty 2 weeks later  ::)
formerly Marc.com