Author Topic: Sideburn Magazine  (Read 2613 times)

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
Sideburn Magazine
« on: October 08, 2009, 07:10:51 pm »
Got home today and the back issues of Sideburn were in the letterbox. A bit small and light but the content, for the most part, was a great trip down memory lane. If you like dedicated dirt-trackers & TT bikes then this is magic. Some of the US shots reminded that riders ran , what aussies consider oil track only tyres on "loose" dirt  . There are some beautiful action shots of great bikes and iconic riders.
There is an article called " There is no place like 'Dome' "- and it is a report from the Astrodome TT- and it got me thinking why we couldn't have a similar type event/s in Australia. Vintage friendly together  and exciting viewing. I just have to get one of those sexy Astros or Rotaxes or Yamahas or........

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Best is in the West !!

Offline JADERD

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Sideburn Magazine
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 01:13:28 pm »
i got onto their blog while researching for my bike over last six months, i have all of them except issue 1....usually pre order then its a nice surprise in the mail :)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 03:36:22 pm »
Great little magazine...I get mine from Deus ex Machina when I drop in for a coffee.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline SLAWESY

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 05:50:58 pm »
Just did a trip from Capetown to Vic Falls in South Africa with Gary Inman. Gary is the Journo/Publisher of Sideburn magazine. The guy is an absolute character and had me in stitches on more than one occasion.

https://photos-5.dropbox.com/i/xl/m4FaP_hPL8o8LWj8AuMJ2eYScSegqQ43eWzUdGxpl4M/41507389/1317283200/a21faf9

About three hours after this photo he threw the GS1200 down the road and wrote it off..... fricken hilarious as he tore the skin of his arse cheeks almost to the bone and had to ride the rest of the trip (this was day one) with a backside that looked like a strawberry. What made it more funnier was that he wore the pants from the accident for the rest of the trip and the backside of them looked like they had been raped by a garden mulcher..

The guy is "top shelf" and was fantastic company..
YZ125E, RM250T

Is it way too small? A bit of work with the heat gun or hot water could soften it enough to fit if it's close. Maybe some rubber friendly grease as well.
Mainline "classic"

Offline JADERD

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 08:02:17 pm »
Yeah read about his stack, that ride would have been brilliant, misses and I did johannesburg up to Vic falls then down to captown around 8000km in an overlander truck, would have taken some energy on a bike

Offline SLAWESY

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 12:28:01 am »
Yeah read about his stack, that ride would have been brilliant, misses and I did johannesburg up to Vic falls then down to captown around 8000km in an overlander truck, would have taken some energy on a bike

Where abouts did you read about his stack?? Actually the ride was pretty easy,  those big Beema's are built for that sort of work.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 10:34:19 am by SLAWESY »
YZ125E, RM250T

Is it way too small? A bit of work with the heat gun or hot water could soften it enough to fit if it's close. Maybe some rubber friendly grease as well.
Mainline "classic"

Offline JADERD

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 11:13:43 am »

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 11:59:25 am »
I can't get over the flat track scene in Europe now, maybe it's because of the coverage Sideburn gives it but it seems to have taken off big time.  Half their luck, how cool would it be racing in a different country every month or so.
Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info