Author Topic: RM100T engine rebuild  (Read 4291 times)

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: RM100T engine rebuild
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 12:06:53 pm »
Its a good idea to hand over the piston you plan to fit when the barrel is bored/honed so that the machinist can machine to tolerances. All the seals you need, apart from the kick starter seal are available from Suzuki - or your local bearing shop at very reasonable prices. The Kicker seal still shows as available, but when you order it, you will get a needle roller instead of the gitz seal (must be a problem with the parts breakdown list). Ron Anchak and sons can help out with Gaskets. Aftermarket con rod kits are available on EBAY for heaps cheaper than OEM (purchased from Australian Dealer). OEM Con Rod rebuild components are cheaper from Alpha sports if you want to wait a few weeks. From Memory, Con Rod is about $70.00 in Australia and about $40 from Alpha.
Political correctness is a doctrine,fostered by journalists and politicians, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

tomdelta

Re: RM100T engine rebuild
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 01:11:46 pm »
Thanks rocket,we must think alike,i ordered all the seals and bearings from Alpha sports last night,including the kickstarter shaft seal-doh!!!,ahwell.And i got a nos gasket kit off ebay.Unfortunately when i got the bike there were only 2 parts it didnt come with-the rear gaurd and the piston.So i need to get the bore measured first to see what over size it is,then i'll know what piston to get.I might need another cylinder if its on its last oversize,unless they can resleeve it.Thanks for your help.