Author Topic: 80' XT250 loom  (Read 1376 times)

kringle

80' XT250 loom
« on: September 11, 2011, 09:52:32 AM »
hiya ppl..

The 80,XT250 i restoring has changed to a custom restore after discovering the original frame was beyond repair, major disapointment i cant have matching numbers. but i'm over that now..
anyways the main problem i'm having is electrical i'm at a loss at what to do.

When i got this bike the loom had been hacked to bits all front sockets had been chopped off among other leads along the loom,
only the basic part of the loom was left for the starting of the bike, battery side had been chopped up too.
there was no lights, speedo/tacho & handlebar switches. i bought a S/H loom,lights,speedo/tacho ect..

i have the clymer manual & original USA W/Shop manual to work with.. all i need to know is does the lefthand switch have 2 plugs or 1
i dont know anyone that has same bike to compare & there seems minor differences between the USA,uk,oz wiring from what ive researched, have no idea if the oz one even had front brake light switch.

if there's anyone thats not to far from ft/gully vic has a XT i can inspect that would be great otherwise maybe someone here can explain..

btw i cant be bothered changing all to 12v, only change that will be done is headlight changed to dc 12v i can rewind the headlight coil to 12v myself thats easy enough...

thanks for any help..

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
Ban BLACK rims NOW

kringle

Re: 80' XT250 loom
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 09:40:43 AM »
yer ok its a new loom just like my secondhand one.
i want to know what the left H/Bar switch uses on the ozzie models does it have 1 or 2 plugs attached  as ive had mixed results comparing part numbers.
Since the part is no longer available from yamaha aust  So i've been using yamaha cross reference software

Offline gsr

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 12:04:37 PM »
dont know if this helps,, but here is a pic of the one that came off mine

Ex viper#86

kringle

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 03:02:04 PM »
ahh sweet thanks m8

Offline gsr

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 01:30:33 PM »
if you need any more info let me know,, i have an '81 model but think they are alot alike mind you my knowledge of them is very limited being a 4 stroke and all  ;) but i can show you pics of parts
Ex viper#86

kringle

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 01:38:16 PM »
the 80 to 83 are the same  even though i think 82+ had gold rims