Author Topic: My New Hero.  (Read 898 times)

mx250

My New Hero.
« on: September 16, 2011, 08:40:22 am »
Got me latest ed of VMX 8) (Thanks guys :)).

The front cover and lead story is about Anthony Gunter and his restored '79 RM400. Anthony has become my New hero - what an A class resto .

Not only does Anthony 'ride like the wind', a great competitor, and great guy, but he also is a great restorer showing interest and respect for the history of our sport .

(A special mention must be made of Lewis and Son powdercoaters. They are given credit for the restored finish on the alloy bits. What a first class back to NOS finish. Make the bike in my opinion.)

Offline JADERD

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: My New Hero.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 10:16:06 am »
brilliant, that reminds me to hit the newsagents after work so i can grab my copy, then settle into the in laws couch for a night of fish n chips, wood fire keeping me warm, magazine in hand and footy on TV....perfect friday night

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: My New Hero.
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 10:18:10 am »
One of the great things about Anthony Gunter is that he's not only one of our legends, he genuinely likes the old bike culture. Many of our sports legends are more than happy to ride other peoples bikes at events like Classic Dirt but they're not keen enough to build their own bikes. Anthony, Gally, Geoff Ballard and a few others have shown their dedication to the classic movement by building and/or restoring their own bikes. Other past champs like the late Andy Caldecott and Dean Burt take it to the next level and race vintage bikes they built themselves.

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha