Author Topic: Old plastic guards.  (Read 1440 times)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Old plastic guards.
« on: March 20, 2008, 11:40:28 pm »
Like Freaky I am after old plastic guards, not fancy stuff. I am after the universal "Preston Petty" type of dungers or generic black similar ones, that use your own mountings, new or used. All the oldies I find now have weathered to dust. I do like to use them for period um .. roughness. Surely there is a company somewhere that still poops them out, or someone that has stock. I do know one such place that has some NOS of the Taiwanese black cheapo copies, but the dick wants $120.00 to $200.00 each  (He says he gets $350 plus on eBay for them ... Bullshit!! :P) so they can rot. Cheers Tim
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Re: Old plastic guards.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 09:53:05 am »
you should be able to get cheap preston petty fenders on ebay USA. they are always there, you just gotta get them at the right time.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline David Lahey

• Legend
  • Gladstone, Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 09:46:28 am »
Tim754 theres something here you are welcome to for the cost of postage from Gladstone, Queensland.
Its a SH front white standard PP muder. Its got scratches and mounting holes but is fine as far as UV damage goes as if it has been kept in a dark place.
Can email a photo if you want
David
previous pseudonym feetupfun

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 01:20:38 pm »
I know i have an orange p/p front, new never fitted but rough.