Author Topic: Need a radiator shroud for an '85 YZ80  (Read 1181 times)

Doc

Need a radiator shroud for an '85 YZ80
« on: February 24, 2008, 03:15:15 pm »
I'm on the hunt for a rad shroud off an '85 YZ80. This is the bike I have the XR80 fitted in. Without the cover there is a big void where the radiator and cover should be and looks really weird and crappy. If anyone has a spare regardless of condition I'd be interested. Cheers Doc

email  [email protected]  or PM me here.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Need a radiator shroud for an '85 YZ80
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 08:55:03 pm »
Doc how about trying to fit up and fill the gap with a chinky oil cooler kit? Most likely cost about the same delivered as the plastic. Tim  :)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 08:57:58 pm »
im serious about this doc...how about cutting up an old toilet lid and shaping it like the real one... :) or see 090s  ad for second hand plastics in the dealers section below this ... ;)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 09:00:44 pm by Andrew vmx »

Doc

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 09:09:12 pm »
A toilet lid, now there's a damn fine piece of ingenuity! I like it!! I normally look in the tupperware cupboard but eh, every house has a dunny or 2  ;D

Tim don't worry  ;), I've been bidding on some of those chinka oil coolers over the past few weeks and eventually I'll jag one for under $15 as they don;t sell for much over :P I bought a new chink Miconi 22mm carb the other night that is a straight bolt on affair for $24.  Figured it be worth a punt for that price. I'd still like the stock radiator shroud to fill the gap though as the oil coolers look T rick down on the frame and I know anything I make will look a bit..err..homemade :P

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 11:51:54 am »
hi Doc
have you got a pic and engine prefix and ill see whats floating around town!

TT5 Matt