Author Topic: Working bee @ Broadford this weekend.  (Read 856 times)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
Working bee @ Broadford this weekend.
« on: September 02, 2011, 07:20:25 pm »
Hey Guys,

I know it's late notice but I'm going out to Broadford this Sat & Sun to work on our new vintage / natural terrain MX track, just inviting any Victorian riders to come along and assist.  It's still in its early stages yet, you can give your input into final decisions on the tracks shape.

I have a couple of guys that are up for Sunday, I'll be there Sat & Sun from 10am onwards.  Anyone that can come, if you have a shovel or chainsaw you could bring that would be great.  The caretaker 'John Coleman' said that he'd be at the ready with his Bobcat.  If we can clear some over-head branches he will be able to get in with his bulldozer.

We will get looked after quite well by the Broadford Manager if he sees that we are prepared to put in here.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline Stevo17

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Working bee @ Broadford this weekend.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 08:31:55 am »
Hey John, I will come out sunday morning. Where abouts in the complex is the track?

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
Re: Working bee @ Broadford this weekend.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 09:05:18 am »
Thanks Steve  :-)

You mentioned you had a chainsaw, that'd be cool if you can bring it  :-)

If we can get the track layout finished today we might be able to bust some laps tomorrow arvo, I'll let you know tonight.

To get to the track, drive past the main MX track (to the right of it as you are looking from the road) follow the road over the hill as if you are heading to the roadrace track, as you get to the bottom of the hill, instead of turning left into the roadrace paddock, turn right, you will see a couple of blue dump-master rubbish bins and a few 44 gallon rubbish bins.  Once through the gates you will see the plastic tape I have started laying around the circuit.  If my Econovan isn't parked right there I've driven into the track as far as I can get it.

See ya there  :-)
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.