Author Topic: Monty parts books  (Read 2415 times)

All Things 414

Monty parts books
« on: August 06, 2007, 06:26:33 pm »
I've just aquired all of Lyall O'Briens parts books for what looks like just about every Montesa to ever come into the country (and maybe some that didn't). Also there's some interesting tech stuff that was sent to Lyall from the factory and Mr Solo. I won't be selling any of it as I want to keep it all together as a little living museum to our favorite bikes and a real Aussie battler in Lyall.

If you read some of this stuff you can see that he was very passionite about the Spanish Marque and trying to keep parts up to the guys whom had bought off of him, some, years afterward, even though Honda (dogs! >:() weren't the least bit interested. Bit different to the "stiff shit, buy a new bike" attitude of modern bike shops!

Anyway, if someone ever needs a part number or a reference from one of these books, drop me a line and I'll see what I can do.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Monty parts books
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 08:25:46 pm »
 All things 414  :) shows us a great get and ever greater friendly attitude!!! A few should take careful note and then take a long bloody good look in the mirror.   :-[   Thanks 414 and cheers Tim754
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

All Things 414

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 10:31:44 pm »
Yeah Tim. There's too many people looking at the dollars and not what got us here. Blokes like Lyall loved what they were doing and the riders loved riding.
These days the bike shops are like bloody McDonalds with the politically correct bird behind the counter. Not because they know about bikes and can help you out. It's because the Peter Steven's etc of this world want the wives and girl friends to feel all nice and gooey in a nice clean, record store type atmosphere. Everything about bikes today (to most people in the industry) is about making a buck!

And the modern riders are all about attitude. It's all about the Vito van with the wheels and Doof Doof. Hats on side-ways and brains in back-wards. The last modern race I did my partner had to restrain me several times from having a go at the foul mouthed dickheads pissing next to our ute because they're too $#@*ing lazy or stupid to walk to the port-a-loo 20 mts away.
Thier girl friends aren't much better! Unfortunatly there's a few young Viper guys the same......

And there's guys in our very own ranks who will only put in the minimum to get the most out. There are guys who'll rip the unwary off blind, usually new-comers to our sport, under the guise of a helpfull dealer in vintage stuff. When they've been found out for what they are, they'll piss off to some other way of ripping people off mumbling that VMX'ers are tossers. We don't need 'em!

Whew! I must have needed to get that off my chest. >:(

I do love these old bikes......
Ross
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 10:34:24 pm by All Things 414 »

mx250

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 11:14:18 pm »
Sounds like the books and the passion have been passed on.

They are in safe hands.