Author Topic: ITC shocks  (Read 12143 times)

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Re: ITC shocks
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 08:14:16 pm »
Ok well my info says the ITC main piston is a different part number number. Im not saying you cant shorten them a certain amount, its just that when i wanted to do it for a KLX i quickly realised they were not the best donors for the job if the plan was to keep the original bodies and shafts. I was aiming to make them the same length and have the same travel as the original KLX shocks though and not just 'thats close enough, that will be alright'.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 08:46:06 pm »
Because of their length and short travel i really don't think they are suitable for anything other than '83 '84 Husky's.
The main piston looks the same as other ohlins pistons even though the part number is different, it may just have a small change to the piston face or port size.

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 08:50:35 pm »
ITCs are great shocks and if you can fit them there worth it.  I have shortened the body, shaft, and piston cup by 20mm.  
The ITC setup is the same design as the PDS2 shock KTM used.  After a lot of riding the only valve adjustment I have made was to take out some rebound dampening.
Here's whats in a WR shock.  

This is it shortened.

It takes a bit of thinking about.

This was the last rebuild.

The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 09:16:37 pm »
They came up really good Noel.. what length are they now?
Those of us without access to a lathe it's probably easier to buy the earlier gold reservoir models which fit almost anything

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 10:04:04 pm »
There 420mm.  Yeah if you had to pay for the lathe work it would be a far bit.

threaded preload adjustment instead of just grooves .
I could have put theaded preload on, but I didn't think it was worth it.
same thing 

Maybe, but I'd rather bring the originals back to life especially when they work as good as these.       
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 11:00:32 pm »
Yeah bringing the old ones back to life is fun 8), thats whats good about the Ohlins, they were real good back then and as long as they were not neglected and let go they can be made to be like new again and the modern Ohlins are not the same as the old ones to look at. Plus i just hate to see them go to waste, too much stuff gets stuff gets binned these days.

Also you can get the parts from the modern Ohlins to add threaded pre-load to the old ones. You can also add 3 way cam pre-load adjusters too. I will admit the clip grooves can be a pain but usually once you have it set it does not really need changing.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 11:03:55 pm by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline cloggy

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2011, 12:23:16 am »
 I haven't found anything else that cross matches with 5.9" /18.25".
Am I correct in thinking that to get extra travel the body has to shortened rather than removing internal spacers? My shocks  have just the one constant rate spring. Does that narrow it down to what model they originally were on? It would be helpful to know this if I were just to get them serviced and sell them on.

Offline cloggy

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2011, 05:26:26 pm »
 I think you mean Worthing. I got your emulators from Kamar. Very good to deal with.
Well I've decided to get these serviced, sell them on and use the cash to buy a CCM airbox for my Mann, if it should fit, which seems more likely than the above.
Thanks everyone. 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 05:43:06 pm by cloggy »