Author Topic: Hi, new here.  (Read 970 times)

TJBLACKEN

Hi, new here.
« on: July 30, 2011, 01:31:54 am »
Just getting back into MX bikes and found this site to be VERY informative. Since I need all the help I can get, figured I'd better quit lurking and get with it.
Currently running a '81 YZ465 in the local Hamer & Tongs Series. Love riding the thing, never know if it'll start, before I give out though.
My other time machine is a '73/74 CR250M. Its pretty stock and fairly unmolested. Haven't had it on the track yet, still
cleaning out the cobwebbs.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 01:33:29 am by TJBLACKEN »

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, new here.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 07:09:19 am »
Welcome aboard. Can we call you TJ? And you ride the Hammer & Tongs races eh? Lucky bastard, from what I've seen on Siege's site you guys have got it made. Except for the rain I guess... Mind you, every time I get the chance to go for a ride it bloody rains here too.

TJBLACKEN

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 10:42:48 am »
TJ works for me. Siege puts on a heck of a year round series as you can see from his site. Very lucky indeed, that they allow an old cob like me to tag along.
If it weren't for the rain I wouldn't know how to ride...I mean wet clay and getting cross threaded in deep ruts, that's the fun right?

I watched Roger DeCoster darn near get it handed to him by a local (Buck Murphy)
in the Trans-Am series here years ago. That sight kept me smiling in the mud and rain for years, forever hopeful I could learn to ride.

TJ

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 10:50:42 am »
Welcome TJ....Yep, that North West racing scene shown on Sieges site sure looks like you guys have it all together. I remember seeing Buck Murphy whoop everyone including both Pomeroys brothers and Brad Lackey at Sandhill Ranch a few years ago. His team mate at Can-Am Jimmy Ellis actually has lived down here in Oz for years. I remember hoisting a few post race Margaritas with Buck and the Pomeroys. Funny guy. ;D
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

TJBLACKEN

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 01:27:59 pm »
Just saw Murphy at the Washougal National MX last weekend. He still parties!  He did a few laps at halftime on a Can-Am with the other vintage guys and their bikes. Ellis and him were good for Can-Am.  Those old bikes were sure getting kicked around on that track.

TJ