Author Topic: RIP Bill (Billy) McDermott  (Read 988 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
RIP Bill (Billy) McDermott
« on: July 10, 2011, 05:08:01 pm »
Last night Bill lost his fight with moto neurones disease and will be very sadly missed by family,friends and all motorcycle riders across Australia.
Bill was always up the pointy end of racing his AJS 500 sidecar back in the 60,70 travelling all over the south west and other far away places.
Bill told me many stories.One being, how to find a phone to ring his wife and say he'd be home late,some times four days late.Now thats loosing track of time with your mates.
Thank you Bill,for sharing your special bench time with me at the Collie track and at Road bike events were we would catch up ..another page has turned and I will miss you..
Cheers Mr Bill McDermott.
Alison

Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Bill (Billy) McDermott
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 07:49:54 pm »
Arrived home from the wake of Billy McDermott...what a life and legend of bikes.
Wonderful memories and caught up with many names below.RIP Bill.Thanks for teaching us all so much.  8)

Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Bill (Billy) McDermott
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 11:57:23 am »
Heard this one yesterday-
Bill thought he'd try his hand at Road Racing as a passenger on a sidecar...unbeknown to his wife Beryl.  :-X
Off he went to the race day !! In lap two, Bill parts company from the side of the outfit and hobbled off home.  :'(  Bill didnt do too much RoadRacing after this.!!

Bill limped around at home for quiet a few days and Beryl asked what he had done to his hip/leg ?
Bill replied " I dont know, its just gone clicky on me "
Come Saturday morning and Bills proped up in bed, laying back quietly trying to recouperate with the days paper... 8)
Beryl walks into the bedroom and reads the back page of the paper  :o  :o 
BILL MCDERMOTT TAKES A SPILL   :o   :o   
oops   :D  always check the back page first  ;)  or stick to dirt racin  ;D
Best is in the West !!