Author Topic: What's happened to all the real bikes???  (Read 24458 times)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: What's happened to all the real bikes???
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2011, 08:55:06 pm »
Bought that Canned ham yet Bernie? ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2011, 08:27:11 pm »
I`ll give you $800 to be a fly on the wall  and watch him bum a Yank, Ha Ha :D
I posted a VR frame through the Australia Post years ago, and the frame weighed in at 14 KG. and it cost 27 dollars to send it up to NSW.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 10:47:22 pm by 33M »

firko

« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2011, 10:25:21 am »
Have I missed something?
I've just realised that 'All things 414/66m/Captain Bilko', Ross Nimmo the creator of this particular thread, is no longer a member of this fine forum. Was there another bunfight that I missed causing him to be pushed or did he depart under his own steam?

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2011, 01:51:42 pm »
Firko check out the Dumgeon if you haven't already.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2011, 03:45:59 pm »
Actually we much better on the HL500 thread and kept it together for 16 pages before it degenerated.  ;D
formerly Marc.com

firko

« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2011, 03:53:18 pm »
Firko check out the Dumgeon if you haven't already
Yeah I saw those posts Paul but Graeme quite generously stated that he wasn't going to ban them. Mr Nimmo must have departed under his own steam. The good 'ol boys will miss his wit and charm. ::)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2011, 04:14:19 pm »
Personally I think this forum is going to be even more boring than it has been (batsh1t).  At least Nimmo and Rudy added some spice  :-\
(IMHO  ::))
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2011, 04:53:01 pm »
Personally I think this forum is going to be even more boring than it has been (batsh1t).  At least Nimmo and Rudy added some spice  :-\

You can be as spicy  as you like but some guys are offended more easily than others and react differently. I have heard of members phoning about each other in a real stew about some things said on the forum.... some guys take being hassled on the forum really personally and others like my good self with a grain of salt. 
formerly Marc.com

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2011, 05:10:17 pm »
Agree totally  ;)
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2011, 05:33:59 pm »
Aint that the truth.

firko

« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2011, 09:52:07 pm »
This forum being boring shit is starting to get up my nose. If it's not the forum you want do something about it. Sitting back waiting for someone else to entertain and inform you isn't the sole purpose for a forums existence. I challenge anyone to find a vintage motocross oriented forum that provides such diverse advice and general information as this one.

As far as forum bullies, it's easy to call them entertaining when youre not on the receiving end. Some of the stuff that you guys find adds spice to the forum is almost always at the expence of a victim. At school everyone sucked up to the schoolyard bullies because they didn't want to be a victim. It seems to be the same here. While  most of the folks on here are big boys and can handle being slagged or made fun of, why should they have to and why should it happen on a forum dedicated purely to old bikes? Why do people have to be constantly critical of other peoples bike choices or anything else that has nothing to do with them? This whole aggressive behaviour thing is just plain fu*^ing wrong and it does nothing positive for this forum or for the bullies.

In the past I was guilty of being a bit aggressive with some people until I realised that I was acting like a bloody pork chop and cut back on the negative posts and pepped up the positive stuff. I reckon that 99% of forum members are here to share and learn about the VMX experience. If your main contribution to the forum is to belittle or take the piss out of others or expect others to entertain you, I think you're in the wrong place.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 09:19:34 pm by firko »

Offline IT490K1983

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2011, 10:34:10 pm »
Here here. Well put. We all are the forum, so lets play nice and enjoy what each one has to say.

CCM500ccm

« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2011, 01:44:45 pm »
Geee wiz, I joined this forum because i'm interested in 1970s' motocross bikes. All of them.
I didn't expect a... 2 stroke versus 4 stroke versus the rest of the world, how much did it cost, debate.
I bought a 74 Montessa as my first racer, got laughed at, couldn't work out why I couldn't win C grade races on it,
so I bought a v75, still couldn't even get a place, so I bought a VA360, then the CCM. by now i'm in A grade
and the new Kwaka looked good. Guess what, I finally realised that if you turn that throttle right around till
it stops, and keep doing it, you'll win some races. It doesn't matter what your riding as long as it's competetive.
I guess what i'm trying to say is we can all joke and have fun as Aussies do but lets not get too serious.
As for CCMs' and Slick 500 Yammies, yep had both, also had a 78 KTM framed 550xt, that handled exceptionally well.
As for being exotic, what does that mean. Expensive ? The only reason a new 76 CCM was $600.00 dearer than a
new Yammy, is that most of that $600 was bloody import duty and air frieght. If they weren't airfrieghted out here,
no one would have been riding a current model. As it was they arrived half way through the season.
Huskies are crap... Tell Pele' that. Montessas' are crap... Tell Ronny Dinsdale. I used to love watching Steven Gall
at the dirt track on the 500tt. They're all good fellas. I'll take one of each.
Sorry for rambling .

Offline grouty

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2011, 08:36:13 am »
Firko ...... put like a gentlman ! Very true.
We are all here cos we love old bikes. The school playground is a distant memory.

Yep, I am biased slightly (just ever so slightly) towards my CCM's. Sodding expensive to run and maintain. But you can win on them  :) The older I get the less that happens. But who cares ...... the smile is bigger.
Thumpers Rule !

Offline grouty

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2011, 10:46:55 pm »
Ian ..... see PM.
Ran out of space, so it finishes a bit abruptly.
Thumpers Rule !