Author Topic: Have todays Riders become Soft $ocks?  (Read 1304 times)

Curly3

Have todays Riders become Soft $ocks?
« on: May 18, 2011, 05:03:37 pm »
First up I'll admit that I have only just a passing interest in MX, modern or classic.
I was brousing through the Fullnoise website when I noticed that a James Stewart & team mate won't be riding in a season opening event because they're " Not Ready"??
Seems to me they're too concerned with results on their resume' than putting on a show for the Sport & its loyal supporters.
Not to mention Yamaha, seems they don't think their bikes are good enough? 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 05:27:50 pm by SlideRulz »

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: Have todays Riders become Soft $ocks?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 05:11:51 pm »
the new reverse motor yamaha are the ticket.

MAybe 'Not ready' equates to i have a court date around that time and i need to keep my arse out of jail after my impersonating a police officer stunt............
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

TM BILL

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 05:14:14 pm »
Generally yes  ::) the young generation are bred to be softcocks

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 06:19:14 pm »
Generally yes  ::) the young generation are bred to be softcocks

I think our dad's said that, and our grandads, and our great, great grandads and our great, great, great.....................

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 06:41:26 pm »
First up I'll admit that I have only just a passing interest in MX, modern or classic.
I was brousing through the Fullnoise website when I noticed that a James Stewart & team mate won't be riding in a season opening event because they're " Not Ready"??
Seems to me they're too concerned with results on their resume' than putting on a show for the Sport & its loyal supporters.
Not to mention Yamaha, seems they don't think their bikes are good enough? 
Stewart crashed his brains out again just over a week ago in Vegas and hasn't had enough time to recover fully and get the bike setup for the outdoors. Fair enough to sit it out rather than risk more injury trying to race at less than 100% after the amount of major crashes he had in the supercross season.

Offline DJVGXL

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 07:32:47 pm »
There is  a nice little video clip on you tube with all of js7 crashes this year (so Far)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6dRe4SJSdYshes

Curly3

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 08:31:05 pm »
Ambition outweighs your ability, or whatever Casey said to Vale.
When you see it compiled like that, yeah he had a tuff season but he has responsibilities, what is his team mates excuse?

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 09:05:14 pm »
steve
ever see the fim speedway riders do this. dont some ride 4 times a week in the race season in 4 different countries last year
i thought there wer 32 australian riders just in the english leagues
jim

TM BILL

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 09:11:52 am »
Inspite of my earlier remark , the yank riders do run a punishing schedule with Supercross and outdoors . If Stewart is still hurting after a all those supercross crashes then it makes sense to pull back and regroup . In the AMA racing season there really is little time to recover from even minor injuries if you still want to be a contender.

I do believe that generally most of the modern generation are softcocks but within our sport i think anyone contesting the AMA SX / MX champs deserves a little respect  :)