Author Topic: Tin-Tops to become less threatening to bike ridders.  (Read 1321 times)

cheapracer

Re: Tin-Tops to become less threatening to bike ridders.
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 06:38:40 pm »
''The motorcycle fatality rate is huge when it comes to Australia,'' McLellan says.

Must be all the BMW cars that turn right in front of scratchers up Mt Glorious to blame then.

"BMW motorcycle riders are so safety-conscious", McLellan says, "that the company made the decision to drop the base model version of its S1000 RR race track-inspired motorcycle from showrooms three weeks ago after buyers showed they really wanted the more up-market, safer Sport version that includes traction control and race-tuned anti-lock brakes".

...and nothing to do with Japanese sports bikes being better, faster and cheaper ...

« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 06:40:56 pm by cheapracer »

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 06:53:05 pm by Mike52 »
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 07:25:57 am »
That would of saved from a t-bone.  How about a car that automatically turns off mobile phones and i pods.

Mike

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 02:19:50 pm »
...and nothing to do with Japanese sports bikes being better, faster and cheaper ...

I'm pretty sure the BMW is currently leading the Aust Superbike Champs on a bike that is not very different from the road going version.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 02:31:20 pm »
That would of saved from a t-bone.  How about a car that automatically turns off mobile phones and i pods.

Sydney, 5 weeks ago, M4.

I was traveling in the left lane. A 4bee in the right lane drifted on to me and forced me out.

The driver was holding a mobile against her head with her left hand. Powder puffing her face with her right  hand whilst looking in mirror. I guess she was on cruise control and steering with her Knees perhaps ???

When she realized me, she smiled  ::)
"light weight, and it works great"  :)