Author Topic: oil tank relocation  (Read 1611 times)

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
oil tank relocation
« on: January 28, 2008, 10:39:18 pm »
Okay if I change the location of the oil tank does it have to sit on rubber to stop vibration I don't want to air rate the oil but I've already started stuffing around now I'm second guessing myself. jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: oil tank relocation
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 11:18:41 pm »
Why not locate it in the dumpster skip ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 11:26:58 pm »
Because its a bloody Suzuki  and it needs its bottle or it will spit the dummy  :o  its not like me Yammie thats more easy to get on with.  ;D jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Doc

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 07:51:11 am »
jimson, the aerating problem shouldn't really be an issue. Try shaking a bottle of oil and getting bubbles that sink to the bottom ;) so long as it's kept a quarter full or above then no worries. If you disconnect the supply line that goes into the inlet, connect this feed to the bearing feed and then blank off this line at the oilpump. Set the oil pump arm to the 1st or 2nd mark and lock it in place with wire (I can find out which mark for sure if you are interested in doing this) you can then run a normal single RM type throttle cable, a much much smaller reservoir and your desired ratio of premix in the fuel tank. This was Suzuki's method in the 70's and the way I did the TS400 and it's a non issue ;) 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 07:54:37 am by Doc »