Author Topic: what tyre combo do you run...  (Read 1124 times)

wesley

what tyre combo do you run...
« on: February 10, 2008, 02:48:13 pm »
What tyre combination you use,,are you a loyal brand user....?
what hard pack you find that works,,,
what about that muddy sloppy track...what tyre you find works best...??

im in cairns and ride a lot of hardpack ,as well as a lot of tar work,i find the best hardpack combo  is a bridgestone m601 front at 12-14psi and a bridgestone ed12 rear at the same presures,this combination also gives very good milage,and would be the best hardpack tyre combo i have ever used..

In the sloppy stuff i have found that the maxxis cross sport intermediate front very good running 10-12 psi the tallish stiff knobs seem to work very well,and the rear i find the mt44 works a treat as its knobs are very aggressive and seem to find traction on everything......

ted

Re: what tyre combo do you run...
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 06:13:29 pm »
I did a 2 day ride with a guy on a 300 ktm 2 stroke last week....he had a Mitas Stone King on the rear
After approx 80 klms of single trail ( loam ) 120 k of fire trail, 60 k of dirt road and 40 k of tar it still passed for brand new unlike my Metzler 6 days rear. This guy wasnt hanging around either
I will try one next on my 530

Offline gorby

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 09:47:55 pm »
I use Kenda millsville rear on the XL350 VMXer and the Kenda carlsbad both ends on my DRZ400 traily.
The front of the XL has an old stock shinko on it with tall narrow knobs,good on grass but squirmy on hard pack

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 10:20:01 pm »
The Honda Sidecar..  Up front 3.75 X 19 Yokohama Block Knobbie , yep from 1973/4 only got one more NOS left. Rear 4.50 or 5.00 Dunlop Super Duty Block, think of the behemoths total operating weight and that 90+ hp...  on the sidecar 2.75 x16 straight ribbed conventional road tyre from Ct90... ? why ?cause you do NOT want it to grip and flip you whole she-bang over on both your noggins. True have a look at a VMX sidecar tyre next time. Better still bludge a ride on an outfit and see for yourself how soft, precise, gentle and wonderfully easy on the body and mind they are to operate. Cheers Tim754
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 10:34:08 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.