Author Topic: Elsinore green  (Read 3634 times)

Quicksilver

Elsinore green
« on: October 09, 2007, 08:01:10 pm »
Guys, I'm currently rebuilding CR125m, MR50 rebuilt to appear as mini CR50 Elsinore, also collecting bits to build a CR250m.
All three bikes will be painted the same to compliment eachother. Sliver with green stripe on tank, polished alloy tank for the 250.
Anyone know the mix or a paint code for Elsinore green? If no code is available what do most people use?Whats closest match you can get?

Any input, ideas, tips appreciated  :)

Re: Elsinore green
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 09:57:17 pm »
 :D Ha Ha, and so the saga continues! Most people dont know and use something that they feel is close or that they like. I think there are others that know but wont tell! You can give Harry a call and ask him for the colour codes/numbers that he has on file. The silver is a good match but the green is a gloss. A forum member told me that the original green is a flat colour to stop glare. His number is 07 38003309 bh

Quicksilver

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 08:10:36 am »
Pretty much have silver sorted mate. As for the green if I could get hold of a good original sample from tank or sideplate I will eye match colour recording the formula when the mix is right. I have no problems sharing the codes and posting it here all for all who have Elsinore's to use. Why hide it if know  ::) Some of  the city dwellers on the forum could get the mix easier by going to ( with a sample ) to one of those scan and mix paint joins. I heard they are 99% spot on to colour scanned and will give the formula if ask for it.

Offline 500Fool

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 01:53:35 pm »
I have a couple of Elsinore bits including a new front round number plate, It's the same green as the tank. When you bring my Yam 100 over you can pick up the rest of the stuff. ;D

Quicksilver

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 04:16:11 pm »
Yam 100? I have 2 Suzuki 100s, one of them you dumped here. ;D Did you want it back lol.  ;D Dont have any other Yamaha 100s except a DT100 that runs but need good tidy up. Want it? All yours. ;D

Offline 500Fool

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 08:00:48 pm »
Remember I was chasing a Yam with the inclined cylinder for the old bomb sixties "scrambler"? Keep you eyes out for me boxhead! ;D

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 01:40:31 pm »
" Hey Folks if you have been looking for paint to match the "tahitian red" that was used on the 1974-86 Honda off road bikes, I have found and used about the closest match you will find! It is snap-on tool box red part# REP12A, you can order it by the can for a nice price from snap-on.

it has matched the paint and plastic on the 1975-1983 Honda Elsinores that I have made new again thrugh the years.  "
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 01:10:32 pm »

Yep, the green stripe on the tank was NOT gloss but a semi gloss as best as I can describe it from memory of mine - a sort of low sheen but not flat (as in a blackboard)

Hope it helps you

Dave Mac  :)
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 09:07:12 pm »
The green on the tank is different to the green on the side & front plates as well.
K