Author Topic: 74 RH250 engine expressions of interest  (Read 1143 times)

211kawasaki

74 RH250 engine expressions of interest
« on: April 02, 2011, 11:29:44 am »
Last month I re-built into brand new crank cases my 74 RH250L engine. Having owned the bike for 20+ years and knowing how reliable they are Im considering selling the leftovers of the engine as I have a complete spare (the engine that came with the bike when new) and the next 20 years of riding it conered parts wise. I dont see the point in hanging on to things if there is a chance that someone can use the bits to get another bike on the track; so

I have Crankcases # RH250 0000376 - that means its a 74. I have the clutch cover, mag cover, an ignition and rotor, most of the gear box but not all, the primary drive (very hard part to get) and I have a couple of cranks that will need rebuild to include as well and a collection of various other bits internal but not everything. I will include a parts catalogue photo copy with the engine.

There is minor damage to the cases where the countershaft sproket mounts and the front upper engine mount needs repair - they all bust at this point but its not serious.

Not included is a head and barrel carb, as a lot of guys have these on TM's and are not common but you can find them if you try. I will help you with set up / carb spec etc.

Over the years I have had a lot of RH and RN parts and have always parted it out to assist others in making bikes, there would be few RHs in the world that some of the bits have not passed thru my hands but these are the last bits I will ever sell.

Im open to offers PM me if your interested.

Dave Tanner # 211

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: 74 RH250 engine expressions of interest
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 11:35:01 am »
Dave i'm interested in a lot of those parts for my RH's, i'm still missing some bits for my '74 and would also like a few spares.

oldfart

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 12:26:11 pm »
 I'm interested also.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 01:21:57 pm »
I can have primary drives made no problems.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 03:09:01 pm »
A few year back Murray williams was trying to fit a tm BArrel etc to what he thought was a TM bottom end, that had come from or was going into an old go kart - cut along story short nothing seemed to fit and in the end he gave up, infact he was so over it he just chucked it in the scrap pile where it ended up................

yep you guessed it.  A complete RH running bottom end as it turned out after he was furth quizzed of what  it looked like etc...
it was missed by about 1 month.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff