Author Topic: Barrel nipple for throttle cable - where to find?  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Barrel nipple for throttle cable - where to find?
« on: March 01, 2011, 09:33:34 pm »
I've never needed to find one of these before but... I bought a throttle cable and it needs one of those little barrel nipples to make it for my throttle tube. Anyone know where you can source these? I'll assume the local bike shop (or even bicycle shop)?

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Re: Barrel nipple for throttle cable - where to find?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 09:44:19 pm »
Well your local bike shop should have them if they sell or make cables.

Go to www.mcsonline.com.au and look in cables section in products and you will find the ones your after. If you need fine measurements i can measure one for you if you want just to be sure. Just PM me the code.

They got bags of all different fittings. Plenty of shops up your way should be a MSC dealer.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 10:15:32 pm »
Gee thanks for that. I had no idea you could buy all those. Well, that's sorted.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 09:24:28 pm »
Who'd a thought? I needed this cable to fit my RM125M with a 34mm carb. I was going to buy a nipple, but just happened to notice that the throttle cable on my 05 YZ125 looked like a good match, and sure enough, it's a perfect fit. So, bought me one of those and we're away. Cool huh? I'm often surprised at what modern bits can be adapted to fit. Another example is the fuel petcock off the YZ125 fits perfectly on the tank for my IT175G.

monaro308

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 11:29:14 pm »
Too true Graeme,just like a $6.00 pit bike fuel petcock with a reserve position to fit my RM175 project.
2 mins with a drill bit and a quick file for the reserve tube and works a treat!