Author Topic: H.B.B.B.  (Read 1555 times)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
H.B.B.B.
« on: January 26, 2011, 10:25:39 pm »
On behalf of the Broadford township I would like to welcome you to the 2011 HBBB
Please be aware of some of the locals though, they will do you in and then brag about it later.

Sneakily disguised as an OZVMX roving reporter I gatecrashed the Press launch of the Honda Broadford Bike Bonanza, where I rubbed shoulders with real journo’s and pretended to take notes.
There was a few taking pictures with there phones so I felt rather big with my Storm Trooper model (white) SLR,  I snapped away at some of the cool bikes they had on display but soon developed a bit of penis envy as the professionals took out their cameras with huge phallic symbols attached.

The head man from Honda and a few noted Deities from the Nutty Professor Society gave a talk about their projects.

This years event is shaping up to be another good one with pretty much the whole spectrum covered with VMX, dirt track, Trials, Vinduro and Road Racing.

And don’t forget the Show & Shine

G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
Re: H.B.B.B.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 10:27:49 pm »
Despite the fact that the bikes on display had strange smooth tyres I found some quite interesting anyway.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 10:29:59 pm »
Ian Drysdale invited me and a few others from the Diamond Valley club to his workshop in the early eighties. We knew he had been building something top secret but didn’t know exactly what. We were confronted with his two wheel drive, two wheel steer hydraulically driven motorcycle.
The expansion chamber finished with a closed cone and the stinger bled the exhaust gases from the belly section, it had hydraulic suspension and a carby facing forward on a back to front barrel that he had cast based on a Maico barrel.
With so many different ideas incorporated into one project it was always going to be an uphill battle to get everything working in conjunction so it was no real surprise when not long after our visit the press took it for a spin and they were baffled as to what to make of it.
There was no denying though that Ian was more than capable of thinking outside the square.
That bike now resides at Donnington
He confesses to being passionate about Dakar style events and Helicopters so I look forward to seeing his next creations

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 10:34:00 pm »

Nutty Professor Society, Left to right...
Dave Murray, Ken Horner, Ian Drysdale, Barry Horner, Lindsay Urquhart, & Paul Carberry.

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 10:40:36 pm »
Thats where beaky was, l popped in to his work shop to take some photo`s and he wasn`t open, thats why.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 11:03:58 pm »
Good sneaking GMC  8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 11:10:19 pm »
Jeez that bloke with the 350 MV twin doesn't mind poking his bib in everywhere he can : he has a set of Ago replica leathers and the bike has a set of Magni 2-into-4 pipes, but it's only a tarted-up road bike... ::)
He was at the Island last weekend leading the lunchtime ride lap, then did two laps alone, nobody knows why...
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

BEARVMX

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 05:20:04 pm »
Gidday guys word just out there are going to be some very exotic minis at the bonanza this year, let me know if your coming, as a mate who is a photographer will be there to take shots of your bikes, also if you have any other exotic bikes please come and see me if you want photos, we will be there all weekend , Viper number #15 see you there Bear