Author Topic: fiber glass seat base  (Read 1366 times)

Offline k2000x

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
fiber glass seat base
« on: February 03, 2011, 04:22:32 pm »
just got a fiber glass seat base for my vr whats the best method of fitting a seat cover to base

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: fiber glass seat base
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 04:46:58 pm »
Maybe use an upholsterer my mate does seats for me for about $30-$50 and he does a great job he uses some sort of glue and they would have done f/glass jobs before, I watched and helped our upholsterer do my dads f/glass parcel shelf for his car and he glued it and had a air staple gun I don't even bother when I have a mate that can do it so easy. ;) 
1971 tm400 and PE's

mx250

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 05:05:55 pm »
Maybe use an upholsterer my mate does seats for me for about $30-$50 and he does a great job he uses some sort of glue and they would have done f/glass jobs before, I watched and helped our upholsterer do my dads f/glass parcel shelf for his car and he glued it and had a air staple gun I don't even bother when I have a mate that can do it so easy. ;) 

I agree.

Just make sure you have your seat mounts sorted and mounted (bolted through the base ::)).

Andrew123

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 10:20:43 pm »

Try the rivett on strips from the below vendor. I have purchased set, cheap, fast delivery and work just like the orginal cover gripping tabs.

http://www.pandkclassicbikes.co.uk/

mx250

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 10:45:23 pm »
Nice trick. I'll probably get to use those. 8) A pity he didn't clean paint and rust proof the base first though  ::).

Andrew123

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 11:23:57 pm »
agree, wouldn't take much to clean up the base, but really nice he has gone to the trouble of creating a instruction video!