Author Topic: RM400 .25mm Oversize Piston Kits???  (Read 1688 times)

ranchak

RM400 .25mm Oversize Piston Kits???
« on: February 03, 2011, 03:25:58 pm »
I got a request for a .25mm Piston Kit, so..... is there anybody else interested? I need to know so I can either move forward with this size. I wasn't going to offer a .25mm oversize kit, but if there is enough interest I will move forward. Thanks, Ron

burty400

Re: RM400 .25mm Oversize Piston Kits???
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 03:47:56 pm »
Ron,
It is still reasonably easy to find .25 pistons but getting the rings  is a lot harder.Will the rings from the piston kit that you make interchange with the oem piston as i think you would probably sell a lot more rings than pistons if that is the case.Also .50 rings are nearly impossible to find unless you buy a kit.

ranchak

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 04:01:41 pm »
The rings will not interchange with OEM rings or pistons. I did check into having rings reproduced, but it is not feasable to do. I will eventually do a .50mm piston kit and I will have extra ring sets available (I will probably do this even if they are still available from Suzuki). I am not finding any of the pistons available, I have searched the dealers and there are none available. Coming up empty handed on the ring sets too. Things might be different on your side of the world.

DR

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 11:17:51 pm »
Ron, try this number 12103-40870-025 it's the 'piston kit' for the RM400's and still quite available if you hunt online ;) the 0.50 genuine ring is one of the hardest 'consumable' parts of all to find for the 400's as 763 mentioned. I am all for having replacement parts but there'd only be a few cylinders still left on 0.25 or std requiring the 1st overbore. Not saying none but you'd only be servicing rare low hour engines or people who have picked up a nos cylinders. Incidently I received an email from Rick Hovath in regards to piston availability which is displayed below. I reckon stick with the 0.75 as no-one else offers that option ;) cheers

'Chris;I have .5mm,1.00mm,1.5mm,and 2.00mm overbores.Price is $200 per piston kit.These are new Wiseco pistons made for me.They are a single ring piston as stock.Thanks Rick'

ranchak

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 11:41:41 am »
Doc, you have the correct part number, but it's been discontinued. I know when you google it you will see a number of places showing that it's still available, but it's not. I'm not saying that you won't find one at a dealer, but chances are slim. I will see if I can locate any, but I'm pretty sure that I got the last of the .25 and .50 rings awhile back. I'll be doing more sizes as requests come in. Thanks, Ron

BEARVMX

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 12:01:04 pm »
Gidday ive got them available for sale pm me and i will give the price .025 oversize rm400 piston kit thanks Bear