Author Topic: Another set of deep pre65 pockets needed !!  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Another set of deep pre65 pockets needed !!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 05:00:38 pm »
Hey Alison,

I can see deep pockets in the Rickman G50 but not in any Rickman that hasn't got valves and pushrods, I think they are wishful thinking.  ::)
formerly Marc.com

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 11:43:22 am »
Good point and that's why I have always been a bit put off by hybrids/mix & match.....its just got to be done right  !!  :P
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 12:16:03 pm »
Good point and that's why I have always been a bit put off by hybrids/mix & match.....its just got to be done right  !! 
This bike's no mix'n'match hot rod Alison.....it's a genuine factory release bike, and a rare one at that. Being a genuine Rickman Reynolds 531 steel frame it's one of the rarest Rickmans with only 24 BRG bikes made for the USA market and 100 bikes made in total (mostly yellow). When Bultaco realised that Rickman was producing a highly competitive motocrosser using their engines they quickly reneged on their contract by shutting down supply and going ahead ahead and producing the vastly inferior and much heavier M11 using an almost bend for bend rip-off of Rickmans design, only in sub standard Russian supplied mild steel. They made hundreds, possibly thousands of these little bikes and as cool as they are, they aren't in the same quality ballpark as the genuine article.
The $12.5 current price is high but genuine Petite Metisses are as rare as they come so it all comes down to how badly one wants it.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 01:32:10 pm »
One owner sold in unzud recently for 6.5K pesos
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 01:37:14 pm »
Thanks Firko-to used too looking at big reds with a full engine bay   ;)  ;D
ps Seller should of written your info/history !!    ;D  You had to scroll down to find his link http://www.ahrma.org/old_site/machines/ric-bul.htm

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 02:27:08 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!