Author Topic: Yamaha SC500 Motor wanted  (Read 2233 times)

Offline YZB 500

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Yamaha SC500 Motor wanted
« on: January 28, 2011, 08:53:58 am »
Hi all,

I am looking for a spare motor for my bike, in any condition, infact just a head, a set of case and whats normal behind the clutch cover, would be fine.

email:[email protected]

regards Gibbsy

Old school is cool !

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: Yamaha SC500 Motor wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 01:22:54 am »
HOw much ?
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline YZB 500

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 07:43:43 am »
Hi Freakshow,

Normal the the buyer ask's how much, are you buying or selling SC500 parts?

As i am wanting parts or complete/near complete motor.
Old school is cool !

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 07:30:53 pm »
i got the bikes and the parts.  i just need to know if i need to go huntr them out, or there fine where they are, or i should be sticking them in another project.  Its called exciting the seller into action, im a lazy bitch , and i work on the big ticket, low HF item first.  other wise they sit in the queues with all the other things i need to be listing and tell myself every other week i have to do.  Ross i did foto that piston too mate, ment to post it up but saw a 360B piston for sale in the states i figured you have jumped on.  if you still need a piccy PM me you still on the hunt.
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline YZB 500

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 07:42:44 am »
Hi Freakshow,

Sorry not replied earlier, been off work chest infection, nasty one.

Any way, SC500 motor ?

i can get parts out of the states, the parts are cheap but the postage is savage, ebay sellers with but it now prices are approximatily.

Bottom end without the clutch and stator etc is about $150 and $290 postage, clutch assy and kick starter shaft is around another $150 and approx $70, and a head $50 plus $60 postage, so that about $770 landed here in perth.

like i say, postage is savage.

I have a nos crank, close ratio gearboxes set  and used cylinders, all the fruit to build a motor, but no cases, no heads and bits behind the clutch cover.

i could nos case's thats only $300 plus $90 but still have to buy stubs, dowls plates etc.

so its all ends up but the same. so before you go looking for a motor or parts give me an idea with you would like for one of your motors or matched case set, kick starter shaft assy and clutch assy .

Regards Gibbsy

Old school is cool !

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 04:15:02 pm »
OK i have a motor apart and in bits for a rebuild, a running motor still in a race bike and a complete orignal bike ( see ebay)  Pm  some offers and ill consider them for sure.

Other option is i have some mates inthe US you can ship to as a forwarding address and then onforward from there via the shipping container ( if you get a decent size box of stuff together.  Other option is as they strippeddown you flat rate box them, be no where near the money you talking.  $60 will usually get you 3kg to your door if it fits into standard imperial boxes  ( hows that for a quandry statemnt)

any way make a list and we will go shopping.  ( cost you your motor specs though :O)   )
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 04:33:27 pm »
through my shipper 60.00 gets you a complete motor from la to sydney.
jim

Offline YZB 500

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 06:17:36 pm »
Hi freakshow,

Your motor you have pulled down for a rebuild is it a matched number motor with a frame you have ?

as its worth you keeping it for the matched numbers, if the motor thats in your race bike is a not match then its worth more then  the rebuid motor.

I have a job the my shed this saturday thats generating some good play money, its for the vmx fund.

Could you email me some details about the rebuild motor. i contact the seller of the SC500A on ebay.

Old school is cool !

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 12:14:12 am »
all motors in frames match, SC-A model on ebay is mine,  spare case and internals i had for a slider project so no frame was going to run in a 250mx or a champion DT i have, have to see what i did with the cases, know where the rest is as i saw the cranks ansd them cog bits a week or so ago.
74 Yamaha  flattracker's