Author Topic: anyone interested in doing the fink 2011?  (Read 1953 times)

Offline Kane Mcguire

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
anyone interested in doing the fink 2011?
« on: December 28, 2010, 08:34:01 pm »
im going to do the fink 2011 on a 83 husky wr 500. im looking for others that want to do it. will need a wk off work. im in rockhampton. pm me.

TT

Re: anyone interested in doing the fink 2011?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 09:31:10 pm »
Good on ya, Harv!  ;D
You'll have a blast. A mate of mine did it a few years ago on a TT500. The funniest thing was listening to a bloke who was riding a CR500 explain what he was thinking when my mate on the TT passed him through the whoops!!  :o  :D

I've love to give it another go on my old Husky but unfortunately not in a position to commit to anything at the moment.

You might want to consider taking another registered bike with you so you can pre run a little bit. It definitely helps.

Good luck with it mate.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 10:40:32 pm »
im planning to have a run in 2012, if it dont work out for you this year
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 11:20:19 pm »
Ya better keep the PE Freaky.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 11:48:44 pm »
NA id do it on the modern, or hire one if i have too
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: anyone interested in doing the fink 1979?
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 09:03:29 pm »
Thanks to transmoto magazine for the PE city pic  8)
Best is in the West !!

mx250

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 11:44:40 am »
This will get you in the mood  ;).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzyQrNU4d0o&feature=player_embedded#!

And there's a few others ;), but don't watch the crashes it will put you off ya game ;D.

The Finke would be one of the most iconic races in Oz off road racing. I would love to do it but probably never had the combination of time, money, talent or fitness  ::) - most certainly not now :-[.

I think it's all about team work, organisation and pre-running the course isn't it (as much as guts, fitness, skill etc etc)?  How's the pre-running organised? I would hate to be pre-running in one direction only to find a buggy or fourbee
pre-running the opposite :o.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 11:39:45 am »
2011 Tattersall's Finke Bike and Quad Entries Full   :o  in Record Time
Posted: Monday, 31st January, 2011 : 7:19 PM - - 691 Reads
The 2011 Tattersall's Finke Desert Race has just had its first record set for 2011 with bike and quad entries reaching the 550 capacity field on Friday at 10.00am. In just over two days the field was full.

"It is absolutely incredible, something we were not expecting" said Race Secretary, Kelsey Rodda.

With flooding in Queensland and Victoria, two of the biggest competing states in Finke, the likelihood of reaching the capacity field appeared to be a hope instead of reality.

"Two weeks ago, we weren't expecting a capacity field due to the floods, so for entries to fill up in just over two days came as quite a surprise. In the first thirty minutes of entries being opening 150 people had entered" said Rodda.

The capacity field sees the return of 2010 rookie winner Toby Price, consecutive winner Ben Grabham, the youngest winning rider Ryan Branford and previous winners Jason Hill, Darren Griffith and Michael Vroom.

Multiple Baja 1000 winner, Steve Hengeveld will again make the trip from California to compete along side Finke runners up, Todd Smith, Brad Williscroft and Mark Sladek and local favourites Caleb Auricht, Jared Ewin and Michael Walsh.

The 2011 Tattersall's Finke Desert Race will be held in Alice Springs from 10 to 14 June.
Best is in the West !!

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 11:50:18 am »
Thanks for the pic & vid link VMX247 & mx250!

Tex

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 03:57:23 pm »
How's the pre-running organised? I would hate to be pre-running in one direction only to find a buggy or fourbee
pre-running the opposite :o.

It was: Everyone travels south before 12pm, everyone travels north after 12pm.

DG26 did it a few years back, on his XR400. Didn't set the world on fire, but defintiely wasn't in any danger of coming last, apparently.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.