Author Topic: Bike transport from Alberta Canada  (Read 1837 times)

Offline xel93

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Bike transport from Alberta Canada
« on: July 06, 2010, 05:38:24 pm »
G'day

Does anyone know of a transport company who would freight a bike from Alberta Canada to Australia (Sydney) ?  I suspect that the bike could be pulled apart for transport but do transport companies box things up for you or is the usual thing to plead with the seller ?

thanks

Lex

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Bike transport from Alberta Canada
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 06:41:02 pm »
lex
pay the seller to do it.you need to get the bike in boxes to the long beach (depending where you live sydney melb brisbane or newcastle) address of the shipper.there are 4 i know off that will get your bike from long beach to australia
jim

Offline seego

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 08:22:53 pm »
Hi I am currently importing a bike from Ontario Canada through Flashfreight in Sydney.And yes it is far cheaper to get the seller to crate the bike for u,there is a special grade of timber that has to be used for this task,in my case my seller just went to the export depot and bought an approved crate the correct size. talk to the importer first before you do anything so you are aware of the importing procedures and paperwork.all the best with the venture

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 04:02:14 pm »
i have a mate in washington state near oregon border can store bike and he will transport it to my agent in san fran pm if you want details