Author Topic: And you thought the '83 480 belo was expensive !!!  (Read 1530 times)

mx250

Re: And you thought the '83 480 belo was expensive !!!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 09:29:02 pm »
"Q:     are you for real on the price? I have one that is as nice as yours and for a LOT less$    Jan-21-11
A:     i dont think it will bring 45 no.. but i would take it.. the buy it now price seems to be throwing people.. if your bike is this nice my hats off to you.. cause if your bike has been ridden then its not this nice i promise.. the moment you start or ride a vintage restored bike the value cut no telling what.. ive got to get the other pics and show them.. thanks

Q:     I almost forget to mention in my last email, I am a collector and have bikes well in excess of $12,500. From a collectors standpoint, the 89 CR500 has no historical signficance to me other than it is the first year Honda used upside down forks. If I were looking to buy one, it would have to have all the original parts (no aftermarket) and I would pay no more than $3000 for it. Also, you mention this bike has never been started, but yet you have rebuilt it? Your auction does not make sense, but you paid to auction it...Good luck.    Jan-21-11
A:     YOUR NOT GOING TO BUY THIS FOR 3K.. SO STOP CRYING ABOUT..IT TAKES MORE MONEY THAN THAT TO RESTORE ONE.. AND I DONT THINK YOUR A COLLECTOR"

;D

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 11:23:39 am »
That's gold.  museum quality - pah!

I think this means a Deltek Grassgrub should start at $11k and that Maico 490 would go for something like $350k ...

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 11:31:45 am »
mmmmm.....who'd want to get into vintage mx scene when the cost is that high  ::)  right turn off  :-\  :(
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 07:54:30 pm »
LOL
If some Dude offered him 26k for he should have crashed tackled him to stop him leaving without the bike.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 08:11:37 pm »
That is one seriously delusional guy. $30000 for an 89 CR500 that is not original and has been ridden, possibly raced in the past. So it has some new parts.

Wow, just wow...

oldfart

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 08:39:42 pm »
He recons it's a collectors item  ::) ::) Read his introduction
He's got balls and I wish him luck.
Quote ....IF YOU THINK ITS OVER PRICED JUST MOVE ON.. I KNOW WHAT IM DOING... IVE BEEN OFFERED 26,OOO FOR IT LIKE IT IS... THE VALUE OF AN ITEM IS BASED ON WHAT SOMEONE IS WILLING TO GIVE FOR IT AND WHAT IT TAKE TO GET IT... THATS IT.. BLUE BOOK MEANS NOTHING.. PEOPLE THAT THINK THEY KNOW BETTER THERE OPINION IS JUST THAT...
THE ARE SILLY PEOPLE THAT PAY MILLIONS OF DOLLARS FOR STUPID PAINTING.. YOU KNOW PAINT ON CANVAS..COLLECTOR ITEM ARE NO DIFFERENT.. I DONT CARE WHAT IT IS.. 

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 09:10:51 pm »
Kentucky? :o

Just goes to show damn nabbit,,,i though they grew the best weed in Oregon. :D

can anyone else hear a banjo playing?

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 09:27:59 pm »
This bike is used... we can draw an unlikely parallel regarding paintings being worth millions etc. Lets get real people who like CR500's do not have millions of $$$ and even if they do they are smart enough to know that any day of the week they could buy one similar to this for $8K or 10K being double what its worth. Hello its not an OW etc...
Dream on
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...