Author Topic: Stickers  (Read 3459 times)

YSS

Stickers
« on: January 25, 2008, 04:54:39 pm »
Today a member of the forum sent a PM and asked if he could buy stickers for his YSS shocks .
I am used to all sorts of characters of the net , demanding this and demanding that and free lists for this and free information for that. But trying to buy a sticker has set a new pace.
The answer is NO , anyone of this forum ( or any other happy customer for that matter) is always welcome to fresh stickers FREE OF CHARGE. Yes I have seen the Oehlins stickers in the bike shop for $5.00
We sell shockabsorbers not stickers and if someone is proud to own a set YSS and is happy to display that , we are happy to support him . Same goes for Jackets , race jersyes or other merchandise , we will pass them on at cost . Anyone wants to refresh theyr shocks after a crash or a hard year riding before CD 5 , please feel free to call me or any of our  service centres.

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
Re: Stickers
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 06:53:14 pm »
and may God bless you YSS!!
I've always felt Companies have a damn gall to charge us to display THEIR BADGE! >:(
It makes some sense if a restoration or a replica is underway and the bike must look like it did back in the day; for that I'd buy a sticker.
Good on ya YSS, stickers were freebies back in the day and it's refreshing to see an old fashioned attitude to this sort of thing.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 06:58:05 pm »
 Hey Mister gimme some free stickers! :P The old "Australasian Dirt Bike" Loved the sticker bludgers .... and boy did I like some of their retorts to that question :D
 YSS very fair thank you :)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 08:32:00 pm »
talking about stickers!!!!!!!!!  I am seriously thinking of purchasing a printer and setup to be able to make my own.  A quote of $142 Aus for one set of 3 number plate backgrounds with numbers on it made me think it worthwhile.  Various shops do pre printed number plate backgrounds for modern but bugger all for vintage - of course if it expanded to decals etc etc etc so be it - and like YSS this could be expanded to one and all here at cost -  scratch my back I will scratch yours (now dont get too literal here OK).

Anyway - does anyone have any idea where I can start looking for such a printer - materials wont be a drama but something to print with is proving to be a little difficult.

Of course Plan A could all go to poop if the boss sees the price but anyway no harm in asking?

thanks Gents

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 08:53:09 pm »
Contact Steve Haywood at W.A corporate signs, take in what your ideas are and watch him create some magic with computor and printer, he can also do banners as well. Most oval background are 8" x 10" so once he has a template the rest is easy, I saw him make a set of decals for a WR250F that looked totally stock by the time he was done.

WA Corporate Signs
U1/ 23 Geddes St Balcatta 6021
(08) 9240 2550
Mobile Service 0417 936 942
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 12:21:03 am »
thanks G - but the last time I asked a printer was where the $142 came from - but if he does other bikes he may already have some of the setup done?

Cant hurt asking.

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 12:27:06 am »
Best approach in person, small 'cash' jobs are likely to be cheaper
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 09:19:51 pm »
The cheapest way would be to get some sign writers vinyl (About $10 per metre) and cut your own backgrounds and then get a sign writer to cut the numbers for you. Or you may find a place that sells pre cut vinyl numbers. Or cut the numbers yourself with a scalpel knife if you get desperate. Some boat places sell pre cut numbers as well.

If you want to buy the printer, they're are around the $25,000 mark. But all you really need for race numbers is a vinyl cutter they start at around $2,500+ for a decent one.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 11:07:23 pm »
Did any pone get a local contact for Jersey stickers ?
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 11:27:08 pm »
Would you be meaning iron-ons? If so i have some.

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 11:24:35 am »
I got some Iron on numbers from spotlight and stuck them on my oneal mesh nylon type top and they stuck well and havent lifted after being washed a couple of times.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 11:12:29 pm »
Has anyone used a Screen printer for jersey names/numbers?
I'm after a ballpark cost.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 11:16:06 pm »
mmmm... bling name letters............
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff