Author Topic: YSS piggybacks non adjsutable  (Read 3913 times)

Offline Maicojames

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
YSS piggybacks non adjsutable
« on: January 25, 2008, 12:57:41 am »
Hello, probably a question for Walter-are the YSS e-line piggybacks comaparable to the US sold non adjustable Ohlins? If so, they cost less.
Thanks, James
Life is suddenly very Monaro

YSS

Re: YSS piggybacks non adjsutable
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 09:14:28 am »
Yes the C 302 T  has the same features as Oehlins at a cost of $450.00 a pair up to 360 mm  and $500.00 for the longer ones. But in Australia I have had no call for it , so I only make the C 302 for the scooters.
I my earlier market survey there was only one request for this model, so unless a dealer places a bulk order for this type we will not make them. Although they can be hand made on special request , but the end price then would be closer to the adjustable G 302 TR  for $800.00 a pair.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 04:22:14 pm by YSS »

Offline Maicojames

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 10:27:46 am »
Thanks, Walter. Well it looks like adj comp and rebound are allowed in most post 74 classes in Oz-and not in most organization in the US.

At least on twinshock bikes anyway. What are scooter shocks and what are the differences?
Thank you,  James

YSS

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 01:08:57 pm »
James external reservoirs ( piggyback  and hose and reservior type ) are not permitted in pre 75, as far as I know.  Piggybacks from 75 >  , with or without adjusters  , no problem. I hope that answers your question.
To answer your question , what is a scooter shock ?  Well its the same as a motorcycle shock , exept that they are usually short , with sometimes different mountings like studs ( Peugot) Mc Pherson mounts ( Piaggio) or diiferent size clevises instead of eyes. But the components of those shocks use the same modular systems as we use for BMW or any other bike . So all the strenght testing on parts is done for big bikes and therefore  well truly suited for scooters , or in your case VMX.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 04:29:14 pm by YSS »

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 01:25:39 pm »
scooter shocks are for small little  50 -200cc bikes you do your grocery shopping on and not ment for hard offroad use or jumps. thats just my interpretation anyway
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

YSS

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 02:40:05 pm »
Wrong LWC 3037  , scooters are used for off and on road racing , carrieng  havey loads and / or up to 4 people. So the C302T can be made up to 460 mm lenght without a problem.  But minimum orders apply or you can have a handbuilt set built from parts. But you dont have to be Einstein to work out the extra cost compare to a shock of the shelve.

[attachment deleted by admin]

YSS

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 08:09:52 pm »
PS if anyone is interested in scooter racing on or offroad , I can post more pics just let me know.

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 08:36:32 pm »
G'day Walter I think you need to teach us a thing or to about shocks its in your best interest because your in a parodime as you know so much you start to think we all know as much well we don't so if you put forward what you think makes a good shock for VMX then we have something to go off. jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

YSS

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 08:42:22 pm »
Point taken , I have offred to be at your service in Raymond Terrace for CD 5 . We are planing to have a answer and question session again.( I dont like to call it school ) That hopefully will bring my way of thinking  closer to yours . If all meet in the middle , then everyone gained something . Hopefully see there and if it is urgent , feel free to give me a call .

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 10:14:13 pm »
This site is SO GOOD how many companys talk to you like that we as AUSSIES should imbrace YSS if we could get more Aussie companys to supply the VMX goods we need  life in OZ would be just that much better.jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline Maicojames

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 07:50:56 am »
Ditto, that-thanks Walter. ..and I am here in the US. We have noone from shock suppliers answering questions on boards etc. I've got time anyway, so perhaps if a new line that you can sell in volume comes about after CD5, I will see you about them .
The best shocks i've had have been Ohlins and Marzocchi-I have yet to be impressed by many sets of works I've had, they are though easy to buy cheaper used and easy to rebuild. That said, once you race with a set of top line shocks, you will not want the older ones( at least on 75-77 bikes).

YSS

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 08:49:33 am »
Our importer in USA is EPM Suspension  in Tennant NJ.