Author Topic: Heaven 2010 Last round - Glenbawn  (Read 2245 times)

montynut

Heaven 2010 Last round - Glenbawn
« on: December 16, 2010, 10:30:11 pm »
Not sure if everyone at the meeting remembers that Bill Forsyth was at the Heaven Round at Glenbawn in November during Saturdays practice sessions and races. He has sent me a DVD of his shots from the event and is happy to let everyone see them and copy them.

There are over 900 (yes nine hundred!  :o) high resolution shots from the day. Each file is >4MB in size so uploading is out of the question unless I open, modify and save each shot into a smaller size. That is probably not going to happen in the next year decade or so.

Does anyone know how I can resize them, compress them or upload them so that they can be shared. The pictures are fantastic action shots by one of the best photographers around and I'm pretty sure he managed to get shots of everyone there on Saturday  8).

Can anyone help me  ????

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Heaven 2010 Last round - Glenbawn
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 11:15:55 pm »
Download Picasa from Google. It's free and you can batch process entire folders to a default size... A little trial and error and you'll be fine.

Offline rtb

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 03:56:37 pm »
Hello Greg its Bob Beverly. Can you get me a copy of the CD and I can resize the photos and upload them to my photobucket so that everybody can then look through them.

I can then burn off copies for other people if they provide me with the number of the photo on my photobucket in the original resolution.

My postal Address is P.O Box 453 Nowra NSW 2541

Thanks and have a safe and Merry Christmas.

Bob B

montynut

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 09:10:11 pm »
Hi Bob, Yep that was my plan as well  :). How do you intend to resize them for upload to photobucket? Do you have to do them individually? If so that is a loooooong process :o

I was hoping that there was a way to do them bulk :-\?

I'll burn a copy of the DVD an send it to you. There is even a photo of the deep innards of your Husky during the race day rebuild ;)

Offline BultacoMacca

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 12:08:15 am »
Not wanting to upset any good plans, but people can also still buy a copy from Bill, his ad & address is in the last copy of VMX magazine. We got one the other day.
Mick

Offline rtb

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 07:52:38 am »
Hello Greg
I have a photoresize program that I use on all the photos the old man takes at the track. Normally 4-5 mb. The program can resize any number of photos by pixels or % and places the resized photos into a new folder ready to be uploaded to photo bucket
I will also contact Bill and grab a copy as suggested by Mick.

If you want a copy if the resizing program I'll get the name off mymain computer and will advise you. I do most of my viewing of the forum via my iPhone or laptop.

Regards

Bob b

montynut

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 09:36:25 am »
Hi Bob and Mick,
Bill just sent me the DVD he wants people to access them and is happy for us to share them so I'll send a copy to Bob on Monday no problems  ;). I would also like to know what program Bob uses to 'bulk' modify the files for my own future use  8).

Bob any word on next years race calender  ;D I know, I know you guys have hardly had time to scratch yourselves ::) but I'm already missing the racing ;D.

Offline rtb

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 05:42:37 pm »
Hello Greg,

Did you get the info e-mail that was sent out on Friday from the committee about 2011 and a description of what has been happening so far and what is planned for the new year.

If not please contact the secretary on [email protected] and your details can be added to the database. That also goes for any other Heaven Club member as the committee is determined to keep the members posted throughout the year and the best way is to make sure we have an upto date database.

If you also know any other Heaven Club member who didn't receive the e-mail please pass on the e-mail address.

Most of the tracks have been locked away and we are waiting on a couple of more before the calendar can be published.

Don't worry Greg, approx 90 more sleeps before we start racing again against that Jap bikes, and beating them.

Regards

Bob B

Offline rtb

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 01:12:31 pm »
Thanks Greg, received the photos and they have been resized and on my photobucket website link is

http://s947.photobucket.com/albums/ad318/rtb1042/Lake%20Glenbawn%20VMX%20Photos/

The program i do the resizing with is called Faststone Photo resizer and it can be easily downloaded off the net by googling it. Very easy program to use, took about 30 minutes to resize the 900 photos.

Happy new year and speak to you soon.

PS I know there is a lot of photos of some guy on a Montesa, must have slipped the photgrapher some cash.

montynut

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 01:53:21 pm »
Bill had a lift up to Glenbawn with me so probably thought he needed to stay in the good books to get home ;D hence all the Monty photos :D \

Hope all the Heaven guys check them out because I think everyone got a look in.

They can see the Monties from all angles ;) except at this meeting I managed to stay rubber side down ::) how that happened I'm not entirely sure 8).

Noel's rocket ship CZ is also prominent along with Jared's Husky and some guy on a fast XR500 :)