Author Topic: coil pack  (Read 2678 times)

shakeyCZ

coil pack
« on: November 29, 2010, 03:22:55 pm »
Could some one tell me if this type of CZ 250 coil pack would work on my 980 CZ250 enduro as my pack is showing no spark ( well very weak and its no the lead)http://cgi.ebay.com.au/JAWA-CZ-250-77-8-IGNITION-COIL-/110592584627?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item19bfd4ebb3#shId or if any one has one liying around that they would sell to me?

shakeyCZ

Re: coil pack
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 09:11:36 pm »
well found out it was not my coil pack just a wire from the magneto, the timing is out a bit as it seams to fire real late on the stroke, I also have found my carby has started to piss fuel out the little hose at the bottom of the bowl, I dont no why it would, as it has never done that before :o very strange?

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 08:51:57 am »
As I recall, some points systems have a capacitor in the system.
A dud capacitor will produce a weak spark and also effect the timing
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 12:00:04 pm »
Dirt in carby holding float needle open or HORROR of HORRORS the float has sunk.
Mike
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

shakeyCZ

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 09:35:22 pm »
well got heaps of spark, i try kick start and get it to go "DANG DANG DANG" but just not quite there any ideas? fuel is flowing no probs just wont get going that little more, I hope to have some good weather here in canberra so I can take some pics and post them up,

oh yer after first kick start the carb stopped leaking fuel and is all good I think the float was stuck ??? ;D :D
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 09:40:37 pm by shakeyCZ »

shakeyCZ

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 11:15:44 am »
well here she is!!!  But she still won't "F" start

got plent of fuel, loads of spark points are set, i dont no if the carbie is flooding the bike, as it just seams to no fire at all not but when I pull the plug out I get plenty of spark,  I left it over night and gave it a kick this morning and it fired but after that no fire at all when I kick it, plug is wet,checked spark still heaps and it hurts!!! ;D

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 05:59:40 pm »
Certainly sounds like it's flooded, strip the carb & make sure it's spotless.
Let us know what jets are fitted just to see that they're not too far out
I bought a carb off Mark @ Weekend Warriors for $104US for a 36mm to fit my 380 which was money well spent, the slide & needle etc were the right ones with only a little fine tuning of the pilot & main needed

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 12:30:24 am »
Taking the plug out of the cylinder really only proves the plug fires. The problem is your not operating under cylinder pressure . You might have to rig a extended ground electrode for the plug and see how much free air the spark will jump. Try some Aerostart and if it fires but doesn't run it's a fuel problem, if it won't fire an ignition problem.
Jesus only loves two strokes

shakeyCZ

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 09:39:01 am »

anybody no where I can get one of these little cans where the red arrow is pointing?

the bike will fire when I kick it but after a few kicks I get no fire at all, I pulled the plug out at the bottom of the crank and loads of fuel comes out Id say around 80ml, then let it sit for a few hours and first kick it tries to start then any kicks after that no fire, pulled the carbie down and floats are fine all jets are right by the book, so I will see if the clean I gave it this morning will fix it try again to nite,
finger crossed or I will flip my lid >:( >:(

I just wish there was someone in canberra that knows about CZ's if you are out there please PM me

shakeyCZ

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 09:47:02 am »

shakeyCZ

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 09:51:48 am »

its a bit fuzzy but this is my carbie

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 06:42:32 pm »

anybody no where I can get one of these little cans where the red arrow is pointing?

I just wish there was someone in canberra that knows about CZ's if you are out there please PM me
The can as you put it is the condenser, I don't think they're anything special & something similar should be available from a switched on auto store parts department- needs to be somewhere that the staff are old enough to have heard of them

Your carb is the other style of mikuni to mine, there should be a o-ring that seals the needle jet to the bowl, if thats no good then in theory fuel bypasses the main jet which could cause problems
The amount of fuel in the cases does sound like theres a problem with the carb flooding though