Author Topic: Summer fun  (Read 1043 times)

STW996

Summer fun
« on: December 13, 2010, 05:52:29 pm »
Well Guy's Summer is now on us and holidays are around the corner.

What are we all up to?

Riding wise
Re-build wise
And just tooling around wise

Riding wise it will be a bit of fun road riding in the hills

Re-build wise see if I can get that 89 500 going

And tooling around, finally do that back fence at home

Shane
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 05:59:16 pm by STW996 »

suzuki43

Re: Summer fun
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 06:09:17 pm »
Nice work Shane.
I am personally looking forward to a lot of beers and eating over the festive season.
Looks like I will be tidying up my Pre 90 in waiting bike (1988 RM 250J) and taking it on the odd trail ride.The Honda CR 250RA is still coming but will be the winter project  ;).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 06:15:03 pm by suzuki43 »

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 07:11:00 pm »
Don't ya just love the times we live in. Registerd Honda 450 with road tyres. To most people it looks innocuous enough, but we know better STW! It looks like a hoot to ride - may need a points buffer on the license though hey.
I  am hoping to get some quiet time with the new bike- ( Old, but nice Hagon Jawa500 slider) -over the break. Been about 25yrs since I've ridden a slider and really looking forward to it. The garage has never smelt better. Gotta love  R30!!
Like 43, the Kiwi Caligula, I will feasting and enjoying the odd hangover.
Hope to fit a new swingarm to the RM250B and experiment with a PE250 head on the RM 250 T.

TM BILL

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 07:14:58 pm »
27 whats the proposed advantages of a PE head on the RM ?

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 07:28:39 pm »
I am trying to make it more tractable.The 250 T I have doesn't behave like the one I bought new in 1980- it was a good low to mid motor and mine has no low end and a big mid-range hit and a bit up top. I also have a correct CDI to try . I put a new Mikuni on it about 2 years back thinking the wear in the stock carby might have been the problem but it made very little change- except now it will idle for a little while.
The PE and RM barrels are pretty well identical but the head has a smaller combustion area and I thought this might mellow it a bit.

oldfart

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 08:09:35 pm »
Painting of hand rails to rear deck .... should keep me busy for a week.
Should have enough credits up to get a bit of garage time and finish off both the Tm and RH replica of which I will post pics of modifications required to fit RH barrel to a TS bottom end.

27 ...Pe / Rm head swap makes SFA difference  Ole mate .... been there done that  ;)

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 08:26:25 pm »
Thanks for that. I will switch the CDI to a known 250T unit first then. The CDI is the only thing left I am not sure about, besides general wear and tear.
Maybe its age related and I have shifted the power curve?