Author Topic: Manufacturers still going?  (Read 1707 times)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Manufacturers still going?
« on: January 25, 2008, 06:53:18 pm »
OK we know the all know Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki ,KTM are all still going. (Same bikes different poxy colours ;) But who else is still here and who have passed on? Will include all Large or tiny factory's / specialized builders here like Wasp = still going , Hodaka and CZ = sadly not, ATK = Don't know this week, Conandale = Short lived died young disaster . Maico? Cheney?  Any Spanish ? (Montesa Now part of Honda?)   Please pass on your current knowledge could include VMX, Dirt track Flat track and Speedway framers, Trials, Enduros, Sidecars, hey if it is not on tar go for it. Cheers All Tim
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Re: Manufacturers still going?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 09:58:09 pm »
ATK are still going
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 10:44:42 pm »
Sherco wanted to use the Bultaco name but someone owned the trademark.Seems that the first hurdle to overcome if you have desires in reserecting a famous marque
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Maicojames

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 01:29:08 am »
Maico still making bikes in limited #s-here is a link to Maico UK( are they then "pommys"?)-

http://www.maicouk.co.uk/index.html

Also part of the ATK lineup called "two stroke intimidators"

http://www.atkusa.com/ProductsIntimidator.aspx

As for Bultaco- the GasGas line I understand is a related company to Bultaco.

The CZ company still exists, making chain and other industrial product, bit ot my knowledge no bikes anymore.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 07:44:15 am by Maicojames »
Life is suddenly very Monaro

TooFastTim

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 07:08:26 am »
As for Bultaco- the GasGas line I understand is a relayed company to Bultaco.

Nearly but not quite. The founders of Gas Gas ran a shop that sold Bultacos. When Bultaco went belly up they decided to develop their own product to sell in the shop.

Sherco had the rights to the Bultaco name but the family withdrew the rights after a year.