Author Topic: Want a BSA Bantam suit rebuild  (Read 5471 times)

Curly3

Re: Want a BSA Bantam suit rebuild
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 05:58:06 pm »
That should be a prioritory Jim, we can set the pre65 class on its head in Brisbane next year.
Doc, I reckon that price for the Bantam wasn't bad, I had a very good 175 Bushman years ago and my father talked me into selling it to some bird he was trying to impress, bummer.
There's one that looks exactly the same as mine at Trojan Motorcycles in Belmore and he won't even put a price on it.

oldfart

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 06:01:52 pm »
Mark , was that the Batam that was at CD5   and had a Victor mower barrel on it,

Chris, There was one on Ebay last week up Mt Tamborine way for sale.......did you bid ?

firko

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 06:21:37 pm »
No Stuart, the Victa powered bike at CD5 is owned by Ray Dole and is the only Aussie built bike to ever win an Aussie title. Ray built a few different Victas, there was one at the pit entrance at the Griffith Nats and another, shown at botom, photographed at the Nepean 50th anniversary meeting.

oldfart

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2010, 06:30:40 pm »
Yes that's the one, now thats a classic if I ever saw one.    I by jeepers could it rev.

DR

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2010, 09:14:03 pm »
Jim, be good to see that pic of your bro racing and the other bike :) My eldest brothers best mate used to ride an Ariel 500 Square 4 at Nudgee in the early 70's well before the clubs appeared. To me as a kid it's size baulked me and it looked like it weighed as much as a small cane locomotive. Gary (Shultzy) was the guy who owned it and he was no midget being about 6ft and 120kg at 17..I was about 30kg and 4 ft nothin' so he was a giant :D worst part of this story, ironically the bike was lost in the big 1974 Brisbane floods :(

Sliderulz, hindsight is a beaut thing ain't it :-[ 'but' the winning bidder may have whacked 2 grand on it. Whom ever it was didn't do themselves a bad turn by any means.

Stew, can't say I saw that one. The one I posted was at Marburg..all I know about Marburg is the bureau of meteorology weather radar is there and I've been looking at it quite a bit of late :D

Firko, those bikes are beautiful no matter how many times I see them. Can only aspire ;)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 09:16:17 pm by Doc »

oldfart

DR

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 08:35:47 pm »
thanks but no thanks Stew. I saw that one but it's not the plunger or rigid as I'd like ;) I went oh so close to owning a reasonably fair complete C11 last week but got outbid on the bell with that one too ::) $1925 that went for at Tamborine :-\ bugger..sooner of later I'll jag something :D

Curly3

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2010, 09:32:25 pm »
Hang in there Doc, it'll come to you.

DR

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2010, 10:12:27 pm »
 :D advice heeded SlideRulz and you're just teasing me posting that Mainline.. ya bastard!!! :'(

Last week I could justify 2k to kick off the habit, this week it's back to about $1200 because yesterday I had to buy another lawnmower after mine ascended to mower heaven in a great white plume :o..life is so cruel sometimes ::) Might have to put it all on hold now till summer kicks in and I'm more cashed up. Then again I could always sell off a few bikes to finance it..hmmmm..maybe not so nasty Paul..thanks mate, given me something to think about :-\ all I'd have to do then is ride it now and then and keep it all shiney, how easy is that! 8)

« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 10:15:07 pm by Doc »

mainline

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2010, 10:16:25 pm »
Probably worth a call though, I'm sure you could talk him down. Then again he might have a project or ten lying around? you know what those bike collectors are like ;D

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2010, 09:07:47 pm »
poxy bantam stuff,over 10yrs agoish,i took a tandem car trailer load to the scrap metal guys,got sick of carting it to the swaps,couldn't get $25 for a complete motor,2 weeks later taree classic club guy rings me says the club will buy the lot ::),Doc,i'll pile what i have left next to your rm80, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

DR

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2010, 09:37:39 pm »
 ::) ain't that always the way Stew :D

I decided a few weeks back to reallocate the Bantam funds into the my old Humpy which has patiently sat neglected for the past 10 years :( Once I get that back to a reasonable standard then I'll be in a better position to continue the hunt...hopefully ;)

Mick, my brother and I sold off 3 of the buggers for $50 back in about 1974. We agree'd they were pox especially ours! :D strange, I know what I'm in for but still I have a nagging that won't go away until I have 'something' from the motherland ::) Planning a trip down early in the new year unless transport can be arranged before ;)

oldfart

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2010, 09:42:43 pm »
Never rains always pours.   
Try and catch up up over Xmas break for a cuppa  :)