Author Topic: anyone use pack and send  (Read 2569 times)

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
anyone use pack and send
« on: November 15, 2010, 04:52:19 pm »
after the loss of engine by EGO transport.i would like to insure the goods going to the gold coast.
pack and send tell me they send bike and car parts all over australia
jim

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: anyone use pack and send
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 05:04:04 pm »
I use Pack'n'send without a hitch. Good rates but they have a min $40 fee so are good for larger/heavier stuff. They are often cheaper than TNT. Oz post for small stuff  coz they wont accept items over 1100mm long.
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

GEORGE

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 05:31:52 pm »
I used Pack n Send to pick up a bike motor from Sydney and package it and then deliver it to Sunshine Vic. They did a great job, well packaged very quick delivery, quoted me $150 but never ever invoiced me. Great company to deal with.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 06:02:25 pm »
For something like this i would stick to known companies like Toll, Startrack, Fastway etc, never had any problems with them. Also good old Australia Post is great too. Yeah it migth cost a bit more to break up into smaller parcels but they are reliable. Ive never had a issue with Australia Post and i have sent and recieved hundreds or parcels withe them. For motors, just take the top end off and send in separate parcel and drain gear box oil on bottom end and take off carby and magneto and send it separate parcels. That will work if its a 2 stroke but for a heavier 4 stroke you would need to take off more bits like the clutch etc
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Bioflex

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 11:18:44 pm »
My experience with pack send never progressed more than a quote.
They quoted $650 to send a 120kg motor from Sydney to tas! Ended up getting it done for $170 with another company after having so done drop the motor to a Sydney depot.

Due to my business I have masses of experience with couriers and now were regularly sending out just on 1000 a month, I'd use no one but Aus Post. Fastway's atrocious service cost me 5 customers in the firstfew weeks and their so called 'built in insurance' is nothing but bull.

I'd whoy recommend places like toll for anything of a decent size, if you can drop off and collect from depots prices get a lot cheaper too