Author Topic: RE; RM 80  (Read 852 times)

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
RE; RM 80
« on: November 16, 2010, 08:10:34 am »
HI ALL JUST BOUGHT MY DAUGHTER A 94 RM 80.revs ok down low you have to rev it pretty hard to take off revs good through mid range but when it  goes to hit band it starts to rev like its got a rev limiter on it.could it be carby powervalve or could it have the rong cdi on it any help would be greatly appreciated.thanx cheers gary.

DR

Re: RE; RM 80
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 09:52:34 pm »
pretty hard to guess without hearing or seeing Gary. Could be something as simple as choked airfilter or crap plug? Possible hi-speed stator windings but it sounds more like it's choking. Do you have any numbers on the cdi you could check against the parts list to be sure? Same bike with the weird engine number?? If you're over this way with it sometime I'll gladly take a look ;)

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: RE; RM 80
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 12:28:26 pm »
thanx doc i thought the same with the air filter.it has a b10 spark plug im going to try a 9 or 8 give the filter a good clean check the pipe for blockage.do all the cheap stuff first.it is the same bike i rang springwood suzuki and that number matches a 94 mod and they said it could have a different cdi on it.i'll pull it apart on the weekend and have a look the daughter not that worried at the moment as she is not used to a bike with powerband.plenty of time this weekend no riding as i hit a tree on my bike and broke a radiator the bike ended up with the back wheel on the ground and the front wheel up the tree and me scratching my head wondering how i got it up there.thanx again cheers gary