Author Topic: Anyone recognise this hub?  (Read 1657 times)

firko

Anyone recognise this hub?
« on: October 15, 2010, 10:07:34 pm »
I bought this wheel and another matching rim off eBay for one of my projects and would like to know if anyone recognises the hub? If it's something rare and desirable I'd rather sell it than dismantle it and chuck the hub in the useless artifacts bin.
The rim/s are 40 hole Borrani and the hub is steel, I suspect it's off a mile bike as there's no provision for a brake. One suggestion was that it's from a KR750 Harley but I'm not so sure...I know it's a long shot but you never know with the knowledge on this forum.

Offline Maicojames

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone recognise this hub?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 12:24:23 pm »
Firko, it is a spoolie of some kind-it appears to be steel-if so that puts it back a few years.
Life is suddenly very Monaro

firko

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 01:05:46 pm »
Hi James, long time no see ;D. Hows things in sunny Texas?
My friend in Nevada reckons it may be a modified early Harley Sportster rear hub. Apparently the rear brake and sprocket bolt on together in a similar arrangement to a QD BSA arrangement. I suppose it makes sense as I couldn't figure out where the brake went. I'll keep digging.

Offline curly001

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 04:43:06 pm »
Mark if you are going to sell the rim I'm in the market for a 40 hole 2.5" x 18 rim. Curly

firko

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 04:48:53 pm »
Sorry Curly...I've only just got it in from the USA and It's earmarked for one of the flat track projects....it's a 19" anyway.
I'll keep my eye out for you.

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 07:53:26 pm »
it's Highly Dangerous,spoked enough of those earlier hubs,now they call them applecores,& a more moderner style,spokes flanges reversed,all inners, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!